Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Now, if you'd like to offer up your lenses for dissection ......
ROFL ! don't worry, if the 2 lenses don't hold any value, I would gladly do that.

anyway, I think it wouldn't make any sense to see the not-so-obvious internal physical differences with regards to weather-sealing, just to see how both are made. even the external physical weather test tolerances or condition types maybe unable to tell which has better tolerance. in comparison to normal lenses, WR gives that added security and worry-free concern about water, dusts and any other particles that might go inside the lens. and I strongly believe it has the results or proof to show it.

05-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I'd agree with the latter. I've a 18-55 WR so I'm not left out in the rain. So to speak.

If I spent $1K or more for a lens, I'd think quite a bit longer about the capabilities. But that little WR won't penalize me too much if I'm too optimistic about the "R" part.

I'd love to see third parties add sealed units to their lineup. I propose we start with Sigma's 17-70mm. I can do a lot (speaking in relation to my limited skill set) with that one lens!