Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #46
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 112
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I visited Berlin in March of last year, I remember there was a giant flee market where you could pick up a ton of used photo equipment. I did not use Pentax back then but I saw a bunch of Pentax MEs and Pentax lenses. Too bad, if I had known I would have picked some up at great prices. My friend picked up a Pentax ME + 50mm f2 on the cheap.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Do they still have Pentax lenses for cheap or has the price gone up like on Ebay and our marketplace?
It's been a year since i moved here in Berlin, if i'm not wrong you must talk about this flea market.
Genarally speaking prices seem to be a little less expensive here than Italy (my homecountry) but not as good as in north America (with the exception of that 85mm)

p.s. no one noticed the 2nd 85 i linked in the previous post? (it's a 1.9, worldwide shipping )

05-09-2010, 03:09 AM   #47
Site Supporter
robbiec's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,220
Might be for the best that Ira moves on
Afterall the f1.9 is the starter 85, then you have to get the f1.8 cause everybody says its the next step up!, the 77 is probably next based on availability and price.
Then you have to start looking for an FA* 85 and if you have one of them it makes sense to start looking for the A* 85 to complete the collection

Before anybody calls me a snob, I'll just say that I've discounted the other 85s due to a: colour rendition and b: build quality, in fact the only 85 in the same class would be the Zeiss 85 or maybe a converted Contax

S!
05-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #48
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Might be for the best that Ira moves on
Afterall the f1.9 is the starter 85, then you have to get the f1.8 cause everybody says its the next step up!, the 77 is probably next based on availability and price.
Then you have to start looking for an FA* 85 and if you have one of them it makes sense to start looking for the A* 85 to complete the collection
You were doing fine until you started talking that K-mount nonsense. Let us not sully the sacred by mentioning with it the profane.
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #49
Site Supporter
robbiec's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,220
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
You were doing fine until you started talking that K-mount nonsense. Let us not sully the sacred by mentioning with it the profane.
, I bow to the high priest of the Takumar cult!

05-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #50
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,071
QuoteOriginally posted by matam Quote
It's been a year since i moved here in Berlin, if i'm not wrong you must talk about this flea market.
Genarally speaking prices seem to be a little less expensive here than Italy (my homecountry) but not as good as in north America (with the exception of that 85mm)
I can't remember the name of that flea market, it was HUGE, I've only two photos from there, it looked something like this.

They had a ton of photo equipment in every stand, all 2nd hand, manual focus lenses. It was Takumar/Pentax heaven. I was just too stupid to know better back then. I was using a Canon XSI and scoffed at the almighty MF lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
You were doing fine until you started talking that K-mount nonsense. Let us not sully the sacred by mentioning with it the profane.
Even the K series 85mm f1.8? Heard that had the same innards as the 85mm f1.8 Tak.
05-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
If you simply want a 85/1.9 then this lens isn't for you. Given enough time, you'll most likely find one for a reasonable price.

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens. No one questions paying $700+ for the 77, yet you can pick up one of those anywhere. It's all based on what you value.
05-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #52
Ira
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,216
Original Poster
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
05-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #53
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
So I guess you will be kissing its @$$.

05-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,426
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
You've got it bad. May I introduce you to my For Sale list?
05-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #55
Veteran Member
raymeedc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 951
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens.
I didn't know it existed either, until I came across mine quite by accident about a year ago from a dealer in the Netherlands..... It happens to be a beauty to boot, cosmetically, optically, & operationally.
05-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #56
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
If you simply want a 85/1.9 then this lens isn't for you. Given enough time, you'll most likely find one for a reasonable price.

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens. No one questions paying $700+ for the 77, yet you can pick up one of those anywhere. It's all based on what you value.
Its actually the S-M-C version based on the description and they aren't any more rare than the S-M-C f1.8. If it were an SMC of either, that would be something. If I were going to drop this kind of money on a Tak, it would be the 83mm f1.9 that he has.
For the rest of the 85mm Taks, 300 was the tipping point and I went with the FA 77mm MIJ. I still have the 85mm Auto Tak or 83mm (long shot) on my list.

Last edited by Blue; 05-09-2010 at 08:58 PM.
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #57
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I didn't know it existed either, until I came across mine quite by accident about a year ago from a dealer in the Netherlands..... It happens to be a beauty to boot, cosmetically, optically, & operationally.
There were only about 5 SMC Tak lenses in production (not including prototypes) and 3 of those were 'normal' lenses and 1 was a zoom. The other was a 15mm. S-M-C 85mm f1.9 on the other hand are relatively common.
05-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #58
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,071
I'm not sure how I feel about this....
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Its actually the S-M-C version based on the description and they aren't any more rare than the S-M-C f1.8. If it were an SMC of either, that would be something. If I were going to drop this kind of money on a Tak, it would be the 83mm f1.9 that he has.
For the rest of the 85mm Taks, 300 was the tipping point and I went with the FA 77mm MIJ. I still have the 85mm Auto Tak or 83mm (long shot) on my list.
Is that the M37 he had listed? I have the M42 83/1.9 but not the M37, and I think there are a few of us that have been looking for one. The one he had listed has cleaning marks and a scratch.....and was $$$$
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #60
Veteran Member
sterretje's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Roodepoort, South Africa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,534
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
nailed it!
$270!
$5 under my max bid!
Congratualations, where are vthe photos

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this....
Be a sports and be happy for him.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Tak 85mm on Ebay ... what have I done?!? sameagle Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 58 05-11-2010 12:22 PM
Is there really any difference between the Tak 85mm f1.9 and f1.8? Peter Zack Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 25 03-18-2010 01:59 PM
77mm ltd or Tak 85mm f1.9?? InKeepingSecrets Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 08-07-2009 07:17 AM
85mm 1.9 Tak - Should I sell? designinme_1976 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 08-03-2009 09:17 AM
Is $200 too high for an S-Tak 85mm 1.9? Ira Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 04-14-2009 02:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top