Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

I just told my wife about it, and she didn't even yell or anything! And she even gave me one of those "If you're happy, I'm happy" smiles!!!

Something's wrong here.
just wait until she comes home with what she's bought herself for compensation. how do you spell SURPRISE
QuoteQuote:

Good thing she works overnights, or I would be sleeping with one eye open tonight.
she's probably glad not to have to put up with you complaining about the stupid people on fleabay driving the price to unheard of levels

05-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #77
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
just wait until she comes home with what she's bought herself for compensation. how do you spell SURPRISE

she's probably glad not to have to put up with you complaining about the stupid people on fleabay driving the price to unheard of levels
I have basically screwed up in every area of my life over the years, except for marrying Magdalena. I met her in Caracas, Venezuela in 1988 (she was a native), and we'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary in August.*(Two boys, 18 and 14.)

I may make jokes about her and about being married in general, but I was blessed (even though I'm an atheist) to connect with the sweetest soul on the planet.

If it wasn't for her, I would be dead by now.
05-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just told my wife about it, and she didn't even yell or anything! And she even gave me one of those "If you're happy, I'm happy" smiles!!!

Something's wrong here.

Good thing she works overnights, or I would be sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Wow, it's amazing how NONE of this is playing out according to Hangu's wishes, which truly proves how revenge is best served up COLD!!!

I paid $270!!! And he thought he was getting this amazing deal at $259!

Life is good.
The weirdest thing to come out of this debacle is the fact that I now own this lens, even though I oddly have absolutely zero interest in it.

I remember when I first got my Pentax two months ago, I had browsed the Takumar thread for ideas on which lenses to get and saw a beautiful image by Mike Cash of the mountain ranges behind a quaint town taken with this lens. So I added it to the list of lenses that I HAD to get. Back then, I had thought that lenses more than $60 were REALLY expensive so I quickly crossed it off my list when I saw how much it was going for on Ebay. Then the Vivitar S1 90mm f2.5 VMC came into my life and I thought I didn't need anything else in that focal length.

Now, I have it. I have no idea what to do with it.

I have more urgent needs in my lineup such as a 10mm lens, the Voigtlander 20mm lens, an SMC Takumar 35mm f2 lens, ring flash, regular flash, katzeye and etc etc.

Might as well just flip it for a quick profit?
05-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #79
Pentaxian

I just paid $200 for this one
$US225 delivered to Australia.

as Lowell said somone will always come along who has paid less. We shall see what that 3-4mm scratch looks like when it gets here - Thats what lens pens are for...

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 05-11-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: correction
05-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #80
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I just paid $200 for this one
$US225 delivered to Australia.

as Lowell said somone will always come along who has paid less. We shall see what that 3-4mm scratch looks like when it gets here - Thats what lens pens are for...
VERY COOL!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

The ironic thing is that with M42, you can actually position the scratch wherever you want.
05-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #81
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote

Might as well just flip it for a quick profit?
Did you ever consider taking it for a ride first?
05-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Wouldn't worry, that probably wouldn't even show up on a crop sensor camera.

Did you ever consider taking it for a ride first?
No, I'm not giving this lens a chance. That kind of attitude is how I ended up with four 50mm f1.4 (SMC, Super, M, A) and now I'm afraid to part with any of them until I figure out which one is my favorite. It's like selling your children.

My friend once told me that he was kind of glad that his dad died before he was born. That's the kind of attitude I'm taking here with my lenses.

Then again Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem has always stated that it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all....

DECISIONS!

In all seriousness, I just think it's silly to keep multiple copies of every focal length when there are glaring needs at the under 28mm segment. It's not like I don't already have a legendary lens at the 85-90mm focal length.
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Wouldn't worry, that probably wouldn't even show up on a crop sensor camera.
Actually it will show up, if at all, in wide open shots.

Aperture is a function of objective diameter, at smaller apertures the diaprham will limit how much of the front element contributes to the shot, but wide open, 100% of the front element will have an impact on shots.

05-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Actually it will show up, if at all, in wide open shots.

Aperture is a function of objective diameter, at smaller apertures the diaprham will limit how much of the front element contributes to the shot, but wide open, 100% of the front element will have an impact on shots.
So, is that why flares are more prone in wide apertures?
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I don't consider my collection tak but M42 because of a few lenses like the vivitar 28 F2.5, my 24mm F1.4 tamron, and my tele lentar 135 F2.8,

but in my M42 collection I am missing something at about 100mm, and obviously below 24., but I can be patient, so these two may take a while to get.

I also am interested possibly in taking some oddities, not just taks and super taks, because I have enough pentax glass.
So you are missing the Tak 105 f/2.8 ... damn ... you really are missing something special there as well.
05-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
So you are missing the Tak 105 f/2.8 ... damn ... you really are missing something special there as well.
perhaps, but I have an SMC Pentax 105 F2.8 and I can out a multi coated Tamron 2x TC on my supertak 50mm F1.4 to get approximately 105 mm in screw mount.

I am thinking, like my 135 preset tele lentar with 16 blade aperture, I might go for something different,

I don't really just want to duplicate my K mount collection in M42 version.
05-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #87
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
My super 105 is no great shakes, but I guess I should take a whole long day just shooting with it, at like festival or something, and make a judgment.
05-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #88
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The weirdest thing to come out of this debacle is the fact that I now own this lens, even though I oddly have absolutely zero interest in it.

Now, I have it. I have no idea what to do with it.
So in other words, your attempts to aggravate and torture me have backfired? And instead, you are feeling angst, you wasted time, and you spent money foolishly on something that could have instead been used on something you truly want and need? Not to mention the humiliation you have endured?

SWEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And damn, I wish I wasn't on the iTouch now, so I could play around with font sizes, style and color!)
05-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Hilarious news. My Super Tak 85mm came, it's in mint condition with hood, case and all original caps. Played around with it a bit, love the long focus throw and sharpness with nice rendition of blurry background.

Problem: TRACE AMOUNTS OF FUNGUS! Just realized it, so now I'm sending it back for a full refund. So it's good in that I got a free test drive.... Bad thing is that I kind of like it, it's slightly faster than my Bokina. 20mm here I come!
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #90
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hilarious news. My Super Tak 85mm came, it's in mint condition with hood, case and all original caps. Played around with it a bit, love the long focus throw and sharpness with nice rendition of blurry background.

Problem: TRACE AMOUNTS OF FUNGUS! Just realized it, so now I'm sending it back for a full refund. So it's good in that I got a free test drive.... Bad thing is that I kind of like it, it's slightly faster than my Bokina. 20mm here I come!
Oy, now I'm worried myself.

I don't even know what trace amounts of fungus look like.

Also just won a Helios 44-2 for 14 bucks. The photo looked good, but there are a dozen different variation on this lens.

But for 14 bucks plus 6 shipping, I'll live with it:

Helios 58mm f2.0 lens M42 screw mount No Reserve - eBay (item 320529277350 end time May-15-10 15:24:02 PDT)