Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #46
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I visited Berlin in March of last year, I remember there was a giant flee market where you could pick up a ton of used photo equipment. I did not use Pentax back then but I saw a bunch of Pentax MEs and Pentax lenses. Too bad, if I had known I would have picked some up at great prices. My friend picked up a Pentax ME + 50mm f2 on the cheap.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Do they still have Pentax lenses for cheap or has the price gone up like on Ebay and our marketplace?
It's been a year since i moved here in Berlin, if i'm not wrong you must talk about this flea market.
Genarally speaking prices seem to be a little less expensive here than Italy (my homecountry) but not as good as in north America (with the exception of that 85mm)

p.s. no one noticed the 2nd 85 i linked in the previous post? (it's a 1.9, worldwide shipping )

05-09-2010, 03:09 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Might be for the best that Ira moves on
Afterall the f1.9 is the starter 85, then you have to get the f1.8 cause everybody says its the next step up!, the 77 is probably next based on availability and price.
Then you have to start looking for an FA* 85 and if you have one of them it makes sense to start looking for the A* 85 to complete the collection

Before anybody calls me a snob, I'll just say that I've discounted the other 85s due to a: colour rendition and b: build quality, in fact the only 85 in the same class would be the Zeiss 85 or maybe a converted Contax

S!
05-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Might be for the best that Ira moves on
Afterall the f1.9 is the starter 85, then you have to get the f1.8 cause everybody says its the next step up!, the 77 is probably next based on availability and price.
Then you have to start looking for an FA* 85 and if you have one of them it makes sense to start looking for the A* 85 to complete the collection
You were doing fine until you started talking that K-mount nonsense. Let us not sully the sacred by mentioning with it the profane.
05-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
You were doing fine until you started talking that K-mount nonsense. Let us not sully the sacred by mentioning with it the profane.
, I bow to the high priest of the Takumar cult!

05-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by matam Quote
It's been a year since i moved here in Berlin, if i'm not wrong you must talk about this flea market.
Genarally speaking prices seem to be a little less expensive here than Italy (my homecountry) but not as good as in north America (with the exception of that 85mm)
I can't remember the name of that flea market, it was HUGE, I've only two photos from there, it looked something like this.

They had a ton of photo equipment in every stand, all 2nd hand, manual focus lenses. It was Takumar/Pentax heaven. I was just too stupid to know better back then. I was using a Canon XSI and scoffed at the almighty MF lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Even the K series 85mm f1.8? Heard that had the same innards as the 85mm f1.8 Tak.
05-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #51
Veteran Member

If you simply want a 85/1.9 then this lens isn't for you. Given enough time, you'll most likely find one for a reasonable price.

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens. No one questions paying $700+ for the 77, yet you can pick up one of those anywhere. It's all based on what you value.
05-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #52
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!

05-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #53
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
So I guess you will be kissing its @$$.
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
You've got it bad. May I introduce you to my For Sale list?
05-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens.
I didn't know it existed either, until I came across mine quite by accident about a year ago from a dealer in the Netherlands..... It happens to be a beauty to boot, cosmetically, optically, & operationally.
05-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #56
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
If you simply want a 85/1.9 then this lens isn't for you. Given enough time, you'll most likely find one for a reasonable price.

I didn't know a SMC version of the 85/1.9 existed, and I am presuming that one might never come across this lens for sale again. Ignoring Kevin's prices for some of his other items, I'm not so sure the $700 is that far beyond what someone would pay for this lens. No one questions paying $700+ for the 77, yet you can pick up one of those anywhere. It's all based on what you value.
Its actually the S-M-C version based on the description and they aren't any more rare than the S-M-C f1.8. If it were an SMC of either, that would be something. If I were going to drop this kind of money on a Tak, it would be the 83mm f1.9 that he has.
For the rest of the 85mm Taks, 300 was the tipping point and I went with the FA 77mm MIJ. I still have the 85mm Auto Tak or 83mm (long shot) on my list.

Last edited by Blue; 05-09-2010 at 08:58 PM.
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #57
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I didn't know it existed either, until I came across mine quite by accident about a year ago from a dealer in the Netherlands..... It happens to be a beauty to boot, cosmetically, optically, & operationally.
There were only about 5 SMC Tak lenses in production (not including prototypes) and 3 of those were 'normal' lenses and 1 was a zoom. The other was a 15mm. S-M-C 85mm f1.9 on the other hand are relatively common.
05-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I'm not sure how I feel about this....
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Its actually the S-M-C version based on the description and they aren't any more rare than the S-M-C f1.8. If it were an SMC of either, that would be something. If I were going to drop this kind of money on a Tak, it would be the 83mm f1.9 that he has.
For the rest of the 85mm Taks, 300 was the tipping point and I went with the FA 77mm MIJ. I still have the 85mm Auto Tak or 83mm (long shot) on my list.
Is that the M37 he had listed? I have the M42 83/1.9 but not the M37, and I think there are a few of us that have been looking for one. The one he had listed has cleaning marks and a scratch.....and was $$$$
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #60
Veteran Member

nailed it!
$270!
$5 under my max bid!
Congratualations, where are vthe photos

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this....
Be a sports and be happy for him.