Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #61
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Is that the M37 he had listed? I have the M42 83/1.9 but not the M37, and I think there are a few of us that have been looking for one. The one he had listed has cleaning marks and a scratch.....and was $$$$
The one he has listed I'm fairly certain is an m37 because I asked him and he said that it was an m37. However, I think he may have more than one but I believe the other(s) are also m37. I would like to see the mark on that lens in person.

05-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
be a sports and be happy for him.
Never.
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
nailed it!

$270!

$5 under my max bid!
Welcome to the 85 club!
05-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #64
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this....
At least you're honest about it.

This has been a real emotional roller coaster for the BOTH of us.

I really didn't expect to win it at $275 when you look at the BIN prices of the other ones listed at this time. Very weird.

So maybe the roller coaster continues.

05-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #65
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Welcome to the 85 club!
Thanks! Glad to be here!

I'll ask about the secret handshake after it gets here.
05-10-2010, 04:08 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Its actually the S-M-C version based on the description and they aren't any more rare than the S-M-C f1.8.
I don't see how this could be true, as, according to the AOHC site, the S-M-C 1.9 version was only manufactured for one year, while the 1.8 version was manufactured for six.
05-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is what I get for not checking the new posts. Ira, I sent you a PM earlier with a link to one on the UK fleabay... please ignore (unless you feel inclined to buy a spare). Glad you came right finding one, I look forward to seeing some shots from it.

05-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #68
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensScribe Quote
This is what I get for not checking the new posts. Ira, I sent you a PM earlier with a link to one on the UK fleabay... please ignore (unless you feel inclined to buy a spare). Glad you came right finding one, I look forward to seeing some shots from it.
I have to actually shoot with it?

I'm going to be afraid to take it out of the house!
05-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Don't be, the build is such that it could be used for self defense if needed!
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As well you should be, you will need to fend off all those other depraved people like yourself who lust after one of these lenses
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Don't be, the build is such that it could be used for self defense if needed!
I'm sure he will do just that,

Ira

congrat's, you will enjoy the lens to no end 85mm is a great length and regardless of what people actually say about size and weight, it really is a compact lens when you get it. Sure it's a little on the fat side, (aren't all fast lenses) but not overly long, in fact much more compact than my vivitar 85 F1.4
05-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least you're honest about it.

This has been a real emotional roller coaster for the BOTH of us.

I really didn't expect to win it at $275 when you look at the BIN prices of the other ones listed at this time. Very weird.

So maybe the roller coaster continues.
just don't kick yourself too badly if, one week after you get it someone grabs one for less. It always seems to happen that way
05-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #72
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the congrats, Lowell (and everyone). This really rounds out my Tak collection.

Except for a wide.
05-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #73
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I don't see how this could be true, as, according to the AOHC site, the S-M-C 1.9 version was only manufactured for one year, while the 1.8 version was manufactured for six.
I wasn't saying there were more of them, just that it isn't a 'rare' lens. I base it on the number I've seen for sale at flea-bait, KEH, and the Marketplace etc. About 15% of the S-M-C 85mm lenses I see for sale are the f1.9 and usually sell for less than the average price of the f1.8. This is a lens that I track when I see them to verify serial # ranges etc. However, m42 was going strong when the f1.9 model was out. By 75, the f1.8 was going up against K-mount bodies such as the K2. I actually doubt Pentax made any m42 lenses in 1978 or 79, and suspect that they relied on warehouse stock given that '79 is listed as the discontinued date. The other reason is that I suspect people are more reluctant to sell the f1.8 model.

Edit: BTW, there are 1 or 2 minor glitches in the AOHC site.

Edit: Edit: About 23% of the S-M-C 85 lens serial numbers submitted to the m-forty-two project were f1.9 models.

Last edited by Blue; 05-10-2010 at 08:09 AM.
05-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the congrats, Lowell (and everyone). This really rounds out my Tak collection.

Except for a wide.
I don't consider my collection tak but M42 because of a few lenses like the vivitar 28 F2.5, my 24mm F1.4 tamron, and my tele lentar 135 F2.8,

but in my M42 collection I am missing something at about 100mm, and obviously below 24., but I can be patient, so these two may take a while to get.

I also am interested possibly in taking some oddities, not just taks and super taks, because I have enough pentax glass.
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #75
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

I just told my wife about it, and she didn't even yell or anything! And she even gave me one of those "If you're happy, I'm happy" smiles!!!

Something's wrong here.

Good thing she works overnights, or I would be sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Wow, it's amazing how NONE of this is playing out according to Hangu's wishes, which truly proves how revenge is best served up COLD!!!

I paid $270!!! And he thought he was getting this amazing deal at $259!

Life is good.

Last edited by Ira; 05-10-2010 at 04:29 PM.