Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hmmm... interesting info, helped a lot and i've decided (for the third time now ) that it's gonna be the DA 35... I seem to always come back to it...

05-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I chose the DA 40 over the DA 35. But that didn't negate my need for a faster wider lens.

BTW the DA 40 rocks, what lens!
05-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by AntiBad Quote
I don't think comparing the 30mm sig and the 31mm ltd is ... right. While the focal lenghts are basically the same, the 30mm edges (on my copy at the very least) was horrible. I found that the 30mm was unusable as a walkaround, because occasionally I like to tak landscapes and at every Fstop, the corners on the sigma suck.. just mushy horribleness. Now for Low light center pictures it's great, probably better than the 31mm. For a walkabout, I'd say the 31mm was more usable and versatile, because of superior edges. NOTE: I don't have the 31mm, but if the edges aren't better than the sigmas, I'll eat my hat. my 21mm and 43mm edges are Soooo much better than the sigma.
You've got to be kidding...you don't think that they should be compared because one lens isn't as sharp in the corners as the other?!? There's a 1mm difference between them and they are f/1.4 and f/1.8. They are direct competitors.

With that logic you shouldn't compare the FA 35 to the DA 35, or the DA 40 to the FA 43, or the DA 70 to the FA 77...or any lens to another lens for that matter.

You didn't like the S30mm, and it didn't work for what you wanted it to work for - we get it. But please don't make sweeping statements that just don't make any logical sense whatsoever.

c[_]