Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-mount on M42 body

I have a beeyoutiful Honeywell Pentax Bellows II (M42 mount) & the matching slide copier.
I also have the SMC tak 1.4/50 (+other m42-28, 35, 58.) which I use on the bellows normal or reversed. I can use my Pentax M 1.4/50 K-mount on the bellows reversed, BUT, the lens end of the bellows is a female m42 just like on my Spotmatic so I would need an M42 reversing adapter(i have the K reverse adapter) No, I didn't buy the Spotmatic new. I did, however, buy my K1000 new (at K-mart) in my younger years.
Has anyone ever come across an adapter to mount K-mount lenses on an M42 bellows or camera? I am just wondering, Not life or death here but Being a Pentaxian I am, by nature, extremely curious!

Last edited by jonhock; 05-19-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I keep thinking of things to add....
05-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jonhock Quote
HAS anyone ever come across an adapter to mount K-mount lenses on an M42
Nope. Doesn't exist.
05-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can think of no reason you can't use the K-mount lenses reversed on the bellows. The filter threads share the same pitch so it should work. I think you're out of luck for using them mounted normally. There is no way to use a K-mount lens on an M42 camera body (K-mount has a larger diameter and just physically won't fit, for one thing) so I doubt there is now or ever has been such an adapter.
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was fairly sure but........

Thanks guys!
I was fairly well certain that there was no such animal but it never hurts to ask. That's the really cool thing about this forum, there are enough great people contributing to it that somebody either has the answer to a question or knows where to find it!

Oh, and Mike, I think we went through this before but- Of course HE would!