Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Phoenix 24mm F2.8 Macro?

Made In Japan, PK-A/R mount.

It won't lock on my K-x. And test shots show very soft photos. Is this normal for this lens?

05-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi:

I considered this lens, briefly, and wrote an Ebay seller, requesting full-sized pics so I could examine them for quality; the pics on the Ebay ad were tiny, virtually useless. The seller (Chinese) responded and said he would send pics. However, his first send was pics of the lens, not with the lens, so his translation of the English prepositions doomed the sale. He did say he would send pics with the lens in a later e-mail, but never did--2 or 3 months ago.

I ended up snatching an awesome Ensinor 24mm 2.8 macro for less $$ than the Phoenix, so I dropped the pursuit. To be honest, there isn't a lot published ont he web for this lens, and what I did find was either neutral or negative. Can you return the lens? You might get something from this thread though.

General Phenix 24mm F2.8 Manual Focus - Fourthirdsphoto Forum
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Do you have a picture of the lens?
I suspect its like the Cosinon 24/2.8 macro that I have (also known to be branded under Vivitar).
Its was a PK/R (Ricoh) lens but it mounts on the K-mount with the pin depressed. I like this lens despite its poor plasticky build and look. Did not pay too much for it either (don't think you should pay much for it as well).

Wide open its a bit soft, but on its next aperture click of f4 (no in between), its very sharp.
Some samples from this lens (if they are the same) :

Sorry no pict of the lens for now. It has green wordings if that helps