Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Color Problems with Pentax FA Ltd Lenses.

Hi guys.
I had a chance to test all Ltd lenses with my K-7. After a long and hard day with these lenses I found out that there is a color problem with FA ltd lenses. I agree that there are 1-2 stop faster but color is not the same as I got from DA ltd lenses.
I tried some picture styles but they are not the same. If you have bright light source and you shot wide open, this time there is CA problem. I was shocked when I saw photos of model with shiny dress.
I spoke with some of my pentaxians and we came to conclusion that DA coating is much much better and there is no need for FA ltd lenses. But if you also use film cameras like we do in that case you have to use FA lenses.

I wonder if there is anyone who had the same problem ?

05-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I've owned the following lenses:
DA 15, 21, 35, 40, 70
FA 31, 77

I would not say "there is no need for FA ltd lenses". Quite the opposite. I find the 77 to be extraordinary and the 31 to be somewhere between excellent and extraordinary.

The DA series is also excellent, and probably does have better control of CA. But for image quality alone I think the FA is better.

Maybe you can post some example photos.