Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #1

sigma 2x tele-macro for pkr

Greetings all,

I just got this tele from ebay, but of course no manual, can someone please tell me what it really means when it says "2X-1:1", I am guessing that "tele-macro" means it will work for both, just pop out the lens and then you have an extention tube? if not then why does the lens come out....and what do I need to do to get it to work with the K200D or the K7.....the shutter will not shot so I guess there is a pin issue somewhere?

honest, I really appreciate the answers

Last edited by slickster; 05-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
05-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slickster Quote
Greetings all,

I just got this tele from ebay, but of course no manual, can someone please tell me what it really means when it says "2X-1:1", I am guessing that "tele-macro" means it will work for both, just pop out the lens and then you have an extention tube? if not then why does the lens come out....and what do I need to do to get it to work with the K200D or the K7.....the shutter will not shot so I guess there is a pin issue somewhere?

honest, I really appreciate the answers
a quick google search suggests this is a pentax K mount device and therefore you will need to enable the "Use aperture ring" setting in the custom functions, as you would with any non A lens.

Other than that I can only guess as to whether it is a combined extension tube and teleconverter or whether it has a focusing helix to do both macro focusing and act as a TC like the vivitar macrofocusing TC

can you post a photo
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
Pentax 2x tele-macro

here is a picture, I have enabled aperture ring settings and put in fresh batteries and the lens now works on my K200D, it does get stuck a little when I try to remove the lens attached to the tele.

cheers
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 10D  Photo 
07-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Advice please

I have 2 converters, a Sigma 1.4x-s rear converter-a and a Sigma 2x tele-macro converter. The both look oldish. I have a Pentax K20D camera. I need two bit of advice. I am looking at the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 lens. Will either of them Autofocus on it? Part 2 of the advice is the following. I have a Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 lens. I am looking at the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 lens as I mentioned but it is quite pricey. I need to know if I will notice a difference from my Tamron lens to be able to justify the cost. I do all types of photography, Sports, Portrait, Landscapes, Sunsets etc. Any advice will be much appreciated!