Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
With a string, there is no way to support the (perhaps heavy) lens while you are waiting for...the "shot".
If I understand the thread opener correctly, we are not talking about heavy lenses at all. Ofcourse the string pod will not add support for the weight, but it is an easy means to reduce camera shake and steady the camera. And its biggest advantage is, you can have it with you all the times in your pocket, even when travelling lightly.

Ben

05-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
jholstein: BTW, my daughter takes a screw tied to a string with a big washer at the end, screws it into the tripod mount, stands on the washer and pulls the string tight for steady shots. She uses a point and shoot so I don't know how well it would work with a DSLR. But a cheap and easy to carry option!
Yes, I sometimes use the string when hiking long distance--it is effective, obviously not as much as a tri-pod, but effective.