Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
They're not so dirt cheap THESE days.

I really want one of those 55 1.4s, because that's what I had in 1974 on my Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL. I was 17 at the time.

They're going for the same money as the Taks, which means around $100 and up.
Oh well then the value of my collection of 55 1.4 has tripled. It got them for about $30 as average price. The 50 2.0 almost came for free with the zillion bodies that I bought.

05-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
my email is simple :zxaar@yahoo.com , arjun.yadav@yahoo.com)
(i may not check pentax forums).
Well, zxaar. The forum is a great place to make friends and if you are agreeable, do allow us to keep your email address. I do travel to Japan too. Never been to Kobe, but would love to in the near future. Will be great to meet up with you if opoortunity permits

QuoteQuote:
Hi Just12hvFun:

A couple years back I decided to get a few new lenses, I had no plan I just went with the FL I thought I could use the most.

I already had three K series lenses from way back and ended up liking them the best of the new ones I picked up. I resold the Ms & As I had just purchased and went on a K series LBA binge. I now had a LBA plan, if thats possible!!!! Before not too long I managed to get most of the K series primes, so I just looked for the missing ones to complete my set.

I searched for the best copy of each individual lens I could find, so hence no duplications. Even with FL duplications in the K series lenses, they are different enough in speed/design to make them all unique. (Example the K200/2.5 and the K200/4)

My LBA project is complete, so Im free to just play with my lens collection now and enjoy life!!

Phil.

PS I also have a mild case of K series film CBA, but Im almost finished with that as well.
05-15-2010 09:23 PM
Great plans, Gofour3. I'm currently experiencing LBA for the K series lenses too. I'll put your scheme to test and hope that will help contain my tendancy to duplicate lenses. Thanks for your kind sharing

QuoteQuote:
ducdao I own 6 copies of Mamiya Sekor 55mm f1.4 and 5 copies of the 50mm f2 version. I don't know why but I can't refrain myself from buying them. They are dirt cheap for their quality. I love them all by the way.
Hey, ducdao. That's a great lens you have there. And you actually have 6 copies of it. LBA for sure, duscdao. Ha......

QuoteQuote:
They're not so dirt cheap THESE days.

I really want one of those 55 1.4s, because that's what I had in 1974 on my Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL. I was 17 at the time.

They're going for the same money as the Taks, which means around $100 and up.
Yes, Ira. Not just the 55 1.4, I would say all lenses aren't so dirt cheap any more

And that's making LBA a much tougher battle to fight
05-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Just12hvFun Quote
Well, zxaar. The forum is a great place to make friends and if you are agreeable, do allow us to keep your email address. I do travel to Japan too. Never been to Kobe, but would love to in the near future. Will be great to meet up with you if opoortunity permits

you are welcome. If i am in kobe then will meet definitely. Just drop me email but please mention pentax forums because i get lots of email from technical forums so might get confused.
05-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not counting "similar" lenses (M & A 50/1.7, kit lens I & II), but counting lenses duplicated between me and my wife, we've got two: M28/2.8 and M100/2.8.

05-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dear Marc. Nothing beats sharing the same hobby with our love ones

Mine love to have her photos taken, but just wouldn't reciprocate

Most of our friends thought I won't with her during the trips

When you travel Marc, both of you carry your own cameras?

You have 2 copies of both M28 and M100 because they were yours and her favourites?
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Just12hvFun Quote
When you travel Marc, both of you carry your own cameras?
We do now that we each have one. We tried sharing one for a while, but that got old.

QuoteQuote:
You have 2 copies of both M28 and M100 because they were yours and her favourites?
Pretty much, yes. The 100 really works great for concerts, and she had nothing at all fast between 50 and 135. She also had nothing at all fast wider than 50.
05-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just purchased a ME+ M-50/1.7 so once that arrives I will have 3 M-50/1.7s

Swift1