06-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #106
Site Supporter

@ Yeatzee

Noice!

06-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bumping this up with todays finding,
Today i reversed my 28mm prime straight onto the camera and took a test shot.
And then took the same photo with my 2:1 setup, the 100mm & 50mm reverse stack.

The shot taken with the 28mm has slightly less mag, looked to be bout 1.8:1 compared to the 2:1. But the working distance has doubled plus its a very light and small setup compared to the reverse stack 2:1 setup.
06-22-2010, 04:29 AM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You may have seen this thread, but I thought it was interesting, because Falconeye was trying to do macros at an almost microscopic level.
06-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Bumping this up with todays finding,
Today i reversed my 28mm prime straight onto the camera and took a test shot.
And then took the same photo with my 2:1 setup, the 100mm & 50mm reverse stack.

The shot taken with the 28mm has slightly less mag, looked to be bout 1.8:1 compared to the 2:1. But the working distance has doubled plus its a very light and small setup compared to the reverse stack 2:1 setup.
I used to get about 2.1x with the M 28/3.5 reversed. My reverse adaptor was for a 52mm thread so I used a 49 > 52 filter adaptor to mount the lens, giving it a bit more distance from the film plane. At these distances, the slightest difference makes a huge difference, and the adaptor probably added about 2mm of extension to the rig. I no longer have the rig to check things out more closely. Now if I could find out how to mount my 12-24 on the front of my 100 macro ...

06-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Im sorry, I do not know the correct term for the cable that connects the flash to the body using a wire. With my new DIY diffuser which has the 360 flash on camera, I can pop off 5 shots in rapid succession with the flash at around 1/8 or less power. I want to be able to do this but with the flash OFF camera. With these cables will I still get this performance? I've never understood PTTL and therefore have NEVER used it so thats not entirely relevant.

So yes, the whole goal is to get the flash off camera with on camera performance with the onboard out of the equation.
I have and can recommend this;

Nissin - SC-01 Coiled Universal Off-Camera Shoe Cord - NDSC01 -

It's not $20, but it's not $93, either (that's what the Pentax setup costs to use with a 360 flash). It's $59 and the quality is pretty decent, plus it has an extra hot shoe mount on top of the camera mounted end with a switch to select which one is fired, that one or the one at the end of the cable. Mine works great. They have others for $38 but I can't vouch for the quality and they don't have that extra hot shoe/switch.
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Ira.. Look for an Elicar, Vivitar or Panagor M42 90mm macro (same Komine lens). Check the Panagor reviews on this lens. They come up occasionally on Fleabay
06-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Well I solved my focus stacking issue...
Do you stack by altering the distance to the subject?
I guess you are putting the camera into continuous firing mode and move slightly forward as you shoot a burst of images, right?

Regarding the flash cable to get the flash off-camera, consider getting radio triggers. Some of them are cheaper than the cables and they'll give you a lot of flexibility.

I'm using Cactus V4 and sometimes they don't like it if the transceiver is too close to the receiver but in general I've been very successful doing macro shots with them. I understand that very close proximity is a problem for all radio triggers but I don't know for sure how different brands compare.