Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #16
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Bower adapbtor that is only slightly better than Ira's. It will work in a pinch if it has to but I can't get it to go on so the lenses are turned all the way up. And I have to have their tool to get the dang thing out again. I have another cheap eBay one that nearly ruined the thread of my (first) tak 35. When I complained to them I got no response. So Pentax made adaptor all the way. They are WELL worth the money. $31 is a drop in the bucket compared to a new camera because the adaptor screwed up your mount.

05-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Amen! to what Mel said except I didn't sacrifice the lens get the Pentax adapter! I have several Taks that I still love to use and the older aftermarket adapter that works fine on my film bodies was an unholy nightmare to put on and remove from the K10. The Pentax adapter works fine.
05-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LadyRo Quote
I got the K mount lenses figured out after doing a little more reading after making that first post (slaps forehead).

Thanks so much for the link to the list! Would you take a look at this adapter (closeup shots) and tell me if you think it'll work? It is third party, but the seller guarantees infinity focus.
I got an adapter like that and it works fine (for now)

The article Adam wrote and this is more than enough to understand K mount compatibility and limitations
05-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
You lucky bastard; else it would probably not have come out

On the other hand, you have so much M42 glass that it probably does not matter if the adaptor lives permanently on the camera (as mine does).
You win a cigar:

I don't use the kit lens (although it's fine), but my style does cramp use of my Tamron 90 macro, which is a great lens.

My adaptor does indeed basically live on the camera, which is also why I don't buy any old K glass.

05-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #20
Inactive Account

A couple of tips for using the 3rd party adapters.
1) Remove the screw that holds the spring. Put a dab of glue or Locktite and retighten.

2) When you go to remove from the camera. Turn the adapter a little clockwise before attempting to depress the spring. This keeps the end of the spring from jamming in the internal notch of the mount.

Or buy enough for all your M42 lenses. Then remove the springs. You can also make a lock detent if you are worried about it coming off.
05-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #21

Original Poster
I deleted this post because I no longer wish to be a member of the PentaxForums.

Last edited by LadyRo; 07-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.