Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #1

My ex Pentax A* 135mm s/n:5960418

Sorry if I open this post
If this is the wrong section that kindly, the moderator you move it.
About 10 days ago, I've sent my Pentax A* 135 f/1.8 s/n:5960418,
50 km from home, with an insured, from conseganre in 24 hours.
The parcel arrived tampered with and empty, bereft of its content .
The lens was new, no scratch, never used, with original box and leather pentax.
I'm really sad to hear you lost .....
I have sent the lens via, because having ever been used in so many years, I preferred that an expert, beheld
I hope I reimbursements of insurance loss.

thanks and sorry

05-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It will turn up sooner or later. There are only that much of these lenses in the world.
05-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry for the loss! If this lens shows up on eBay, you'll quickly find the culprit!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the problem is the Italian postal/delivery system. Years back I experienced problems with a few parcels sent back by post from Milan while I was on holiday there.
I've also sent a few lenses to buyers in Italy awhile back and invariably there were problems of delays and tampered boxes but thankfully nothing was missing. One of the reasons why many eBay sellers avoid selling to Italian addresses. Just my personal experience.

05-18-2010, 01:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry for your loss. Money will not really compensate for this as you might not be able to find another one.

creampuff, it's not only italian postal services. UPS lost my katzeyes (2x), south african postal services (or the dutch one) lost an small parcel with photos that I shipped to my family in the netherlands. I think it can happen anywhere in the world.

PS UPS reordered and I have them now.
05-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That's a pity. The Italian postal service has a really bad reputation, I've seen a lot of Ebay sellers that ship to EU except Italy.
Although I didn't suffer any loss, my cell phone was lost while shipped from service back to me a couple of years ago. I got a new cell after arguing about wether sending the phone in a bubble envelope without insurance was the right thing to do, which was okay with me.

Later, I read about a former employee at the national postal service, which mentioned that when the guys sorting mail found envelopes containing small, hard things, it quickly got right in their pockets. A friend of him supposedly had a much larger DVD collection after working there for a year. Don't know if it is true, but it is quite shocking anyway.
05-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sorry for the loss! If this lens shows up on eBay, you'll quickly find the culprit!
Thank you.
is what I hope.
05-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I think the problem is the Italian postal/delivery system. Years back I experienced problems with a few parcels sent back by post from Milan while I was on holiday there.
I've also sent a few lenses to buyers in Italy awhile back and invariably there were problems of delays and tampered boxes but thankfully nothing was missing. One of the reasons why many eBay sellers avoid selling to Italian addresses. Just my personal experience.
QuoteOriginally posted by KjetilH Quote
That's a pity. The Italian postal service has a really bad reputation, I've seen a lot of Ebay sellers that ship to EU except Italy.
Although I didn't suffer any loss, my cell phone was lost while shipped from service back to me a couple of years ago. I got a new cell after arguing about wether sending the phone in a bubble envelope without insurance was the right thing to do, which was okay with me.

Later, I read about a former employee at the national postal service, which mentioned that when the guys sorting mail found envelopes containing small, hard things, it quickly got right in their pockets. A friend of him supposedly had a much larger DVD collection after working there for a year. Don't know if it is true, but it is quite shocking anyway.
I can not give you that reason.
is a shameful thing.
If one relies on a parcel at the post office and they, and who for them, steals it, at least you will repay the total of what was worth ... instead.
Since the ber of the race, I assured the parcel for a random value, so a pay 3 €, and they ensure the parcel from 10 € to 3000 €.
So I put a price on the case now if it works give me the money wrote at random.
So besides losing the light, I'm also € 600.
Then go to the mails to explain how much time to find an identical lose .....

05-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Sorry for your loss. Money will not really compensate for this as you might not be able to find another one.

creampuff, it's not only italian postal services. UPS lost my katzeyes (2x), south african postal services (or the dutch one) lost an small parcel with photos that I shipped to my family in the netherlands. I think it can happen anywhere in the world.

PS UPS reordered and I have them now.
this is true.
Luck that the parcels that pass by the customs, are all paths.
If you do not go insane prices, is better.
Do not attract thieves ...

Packages shipped by the U.S., and Japan, never lost a 10 pc, which they sent me.

can happen to miss something but ...

With EMS, UPS, and USPS, never lost anything, and I certainly will not stop buying in your beautiful country ..... you have large spaces, many people, and many optical
05-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #10
Veteran Member

When I send something I always insure it for the real value plus 50%

Never lost one!

(they must be afraid to pay all the insurance eheh )
05-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #11

That's the trick, when you ship internationally, people sometimes choose to play the under declare game to get stuff past customs and avoid fees. If you insure at retail plus half, the recipient is usually pretty unhappy with the subsequent tariff, so it's a constant gamble.

Good to know about mailing to Italy though. Will definitely look into convincing folks to insure when receiving there.

Good luck on the lens. Definitely close this thread out if it surfaces.
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I flat refuse to ship anywhere outside the US via anything other than EMS...and for exactly the reason the OP experienced. Italy is one of the worst postal services anywhere in terms of items which go, ahem, "missing on-purpose-by-accident". Still via EMS I have never lost any shipment and I have shipped parcels worth over $4k several times...Canada's postal system is problematic but for other reasons..still EMS works great. If the item matters to you or the receipent then spending an extra $40-$50 on the EMS shipping is a bargain due to the higher security and delivery guarantees. But too often people step over dollars to pick up pennies and want to ship items worth hundreds to thousands via a $10 shipping option...those people I won't do business with.

I truly hope the OP finds the missing treasure of a lense...if I were the OP I would setup both a Google auto search as well as one for every eBay site keyed on that lens model and when one shows contact the seller asking for the S/N. If they won't send say the first 4-5 numbers then that is a sign and I would ask ebay to look into it or whoever might be able to...but, really the odds of finding it AND getting it back are slim to none.
05-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
When I send something I always insure it for the real value plus 50%

Never lost one!

(they must be afraid to pay all the insurance eheh )
QuoteOriginally posted by writeb Quote
That's the trick, when you ship internationally, people sometimes choose to play the under declare game to get stuff past customs and avoid fees. If you insure at retail plus half, the recipient is usually pretty unhappy with the subsequent tariff, so it's a constant gamble.

Good to know about mailing to Italy though. Will definitely look into convincing folks to insure when receiving there.

Good luck on the lens. Definitely close this thread out if it surfaces.
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I flat refuse to ship anywhere outside the US via anything other than EMS...and for exactly the reason the OP experienced. Italy is one of the worst postal services anywhere in terms of items which go, ahem, "missing on-purpose-by-accident". Still via EMS I have never lost any shipment and I have shipped parcels worth over $4k several times...Canada's postal system is problematic but for other reasons..still EMS works great. If the item matters to you or the receipent then spending an extra $40-$50 on the EMS shipping is a bargain due to the higher security and delivery guarantees. But too often people step over dollars to pick up pennies and want to ship items worth hundreds to thousands via a $10 shipping option...those people I won't do business with.

I truly hope the OP finds the missing treasure of a lense...if I were the OP I would setup both a Google auto search as well as one for every eBay site keyed on that lens model and when one shows contact the seller asking for the S/N. If they won't send say the first 4-5 numbers then that is a sign and I would ask ebay to look into it or whoever might be able to...but, really the odds of finding it AND getting it back are slim to none.

hi
I will follow your advice, having stolen near my home, I don't think the sell in China

Also I am sure it is better to spend $ 50 for an expedition, who missed the parcel.
I sent the package, by securing them less, given that the shipment was only 70 km (60 miles) from my house, the same State, delivery in 24 hours.
then I remembered the value of purchase, that is why I indicated a value at random.
The lens was at my home from 5 months, never used.
I buy for Shrikes, take photos almost never ...

We ask that you declare a lower value, because taxes in Italy.
Customs makes paying taxes on shipping cost
example: $ 950 (value lens) + 50 $ shipping total = 1000 $,
Customs pay 1000 + 30% ... too expensive ....
I live near the Swiss border, you know how many times I would have liked to move?!?