Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
...Steve, very nice photo. Such perfect botanical specimens, are they real ?

Yep, very real...came from the flower beds in my backyard.

Steve

05-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
I use a non flanged, non Pentax, adaptor from SRB who ship internationally.

I have no problems with their adaptors at all, and have used them with the spring in place.

And at $20 it's a big saving on the genuine article.

M42 lenses on Pentax K

I have no connection with SRB, even though I always mention them in these topics.
Lloyd...Thanks for weighing in with the link to SRB. I am a firm believer in the Pentax adapter, but realize that the price is simply outrageous in some parts of the world. If the SRB product is a viable alternative and causes no grief, I will be the first to point people in the UK and Europe that direction.

Steve
05-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I have got a 44-4/58 on my Canon 5D with the M42-Canon EOS adapter. Best £5 I've spent in a long time!

Shot with this lens @F2:

[EDIT] I did some lens tests with the 44-4 on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommessengerphoto/

Tom
05-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Lloyd...Thanks for weighing in with the link to SRB. I am a firm believer in the Pentax adapter, but realize that the price is simply outrageous in some parts of the world. If the SRB product is a viable alternative and causes no grief, I will be the first to point people in the UK and Europe that direction.

Steve
I spent the early part of my engineering career as a quality controller, rising to manager, in a precision engineering factory making electronic and clockwork timers. So I have some experience of judging if something is fit for purpose. And the SRB adaptors, in my experience and I have 5 of them, are.

I do take the springs off some, and I do leave some on the lenses. But I use some as they are intended with no problems.

05-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
Thanks Seacapt and you're prob right , but at $90.00 I'll say no to Pentax.

Cheers,
Chromo
$90 ... where the hell from man.
I think i picked mine up for about $25-30 from overseas.

And I was lucky enough later to receive one when i purchased a lens ... so i have a spare as well.

so easy to mount and unmount ... mind you though ... I have one body just for M42 lenses ... so the adapter is literally permanently mounted on one of my K10Ds.
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, an update

I can see 3 alternatives.
1/ Buy flanged and use it as intended.
2/ Buy non-flanged and use it as intended.
3/ Buy non-flanged, remove the clip and Drill the lens.

I changed my mind and bought a flanged one off ebay for $6.00. Can't wait for it to arrive.
If I feel the need for infinity focus, I will do #3. I've got a great workshop so I can make it look like it was manufactured that way.

Thank you to all. (wag tail)
Chromo