Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Over the years I have heard people saying bubbles in Leica & Nikkors, especially on ED elements, though never seen one myself. But that was more than a decade ago. I wonder if modern lenses still have bubbles.
Of course, I had the chance to choose between 3 copies of Voigtlander 58mm Nokton. The sharpest copy had a clear bubble that was visible against the light while the copy I liked had a small black speck on one of the elements.

A small piece of dust is fine and nothing to quibble about but obviously there will be some who will be overly perturbed about it. I would be more concerned that the copy didn't exhibit any obvious optical defects. A speck of dust is not a defect in my book.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dust, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens