Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I've been thinking more and more about the DA*55 as I really like the results I get from my other DA* lenses. But having just picked up the 31 and 43 within the last month, I was hoping to keep my LBA under control for at least a little while

I had a FA50/1.4 for several years, but sold it when I bought the FA50/1.7 last year. It was a toss up when I did decide to sell one, but I overall I decided that I preferred the sharpness/contrast of the 1.7 to the 1.4 at apertures below 2.8, which is where I was using it most of the time.

And I agree about the AF speed, it's pretty fast (on both my Kx and K7). It's on par with the DA40 (which I used to own before buying the FA43) in terms of AF speed. As you pointed out, it's a little louder too, which is most noticable if it misses the first lock and has to cycles to the extreme ends before locking.

Glad another user confirms my findings....
I have been thinking of DA*55 for a while now... regret I didnīt buy it when it was 399GBP... these days I will have to fork out 540
My LBA has developed into very tactical affair. I get few cheaper/moderately priced lenses, then sell those and buy one propper one... thatīs how I came to 43ltd and now have nearly enough to sell to buy either used 77 or new 55/1.4...
anyway, I still miss my F50/1.7 oh well, silly me...

05-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
this is like rubbing salt to my wounds.
This lens is perhaps the only one of those I have sold that I really regret selling
peter, what were you thinking?

anyway, it is one of those lenses that are difficult to let go. I may not be using it much nowadays, but it's rarity I guess is enough reason to keep it around, regardless if it lose a bit of it's market price. it sharpness wide open, fast aperture and AF will always be a luxury.
05-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
Forum Member

I'm very grateful for this thread. I was lucky enough to get hold of a F50 f/1.7 about two years ago attached to an SF7 for $80.

I was tossing up wether or not to sell it to fund an FA50 f/1.4.

Having a super tak 50 f/1.4 already was stopping me.

I think now, I'll stick with what I've got.
05-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #19

Thanks for posting these OP. I bought my F 50/1.7 about two weeks ago (for $200) for my K-x, and have been thrilled with it so far. In fact, I haven't taken it off.

05-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
...and of course, a beauty shot of the lens on the K-x. Taken with the better half's Panasonic ZS1;

Hello, Ajuett..

I hope I'm not skipping too far away from topic, but is there any chance you might be able to post some more photos of the lens together with the pentax k-x? some other angles, perhaps?

If it's inappropriate to ask, I'd like to apologize. Sorry for the intrusion.

I just happen to have a K-x, and I've been wondering what it would look like if I get a pentax 50mm lens. I've tried searching through google, but I haven't found photos of a Pentax K-x with the Pentax 50mm lens attached.0

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
05-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #21
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
peter, what were you thinking?

...snip....
don't even ask Aris...
My logic (if you can call it that name ) at that time was:
I purchased K55/1.8 which is closer to old fashioned 85mm FOV and therefore assumed that it's going to become my main portrait lens, and I had just received FA43. To raise funds to cover it I had to sell something... DA40 was obvious choice but from the rest of the line up I picked F50..... I know I know...
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by n93i Quote
Hello, Ajuett..

I hope I'm not skipping too far away from topic, but is there any chance you might be able to post some more photos of the lens together with the pentax k-x? some other angles, perhaps?

If it's inappropriate to ask, I'd like to apologize. Sorry for the intrusion.

I just happen to have a K-x, and I've been wondering what it would look like if I get a pentax 50mm lens. I've tried searching through google, but I haven't found photos of a Pentax K-x with the Pentax 50mm lens attached.0

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
NP n93i, sorry for the late reply, I was away for the long weekend. I have 2 other views here n the bottom row; Photo Gear Photo Gallery by ajuett at pbase.com

05-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
NP n93i, sorry for the late reply, I was away for the long weekend. I have 2 other views here n the bottom row; Photo Gear Photo Gallery by ajuett at pbase.com
Oh, no need to apologize Ajuett; I was the one making the request, after all!

Thank you for posting the link! I finally know how a K-x with a 50mm lens looks like! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to get one now! I guess I'll also have to change my camera bag; I bought it to accommodate the kit lens, which, apparently, is much longer than the 50mm lens.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for sharing the link! Thanks!