Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
June Pop Photo likes Pentax lenses

I was reading over the latest issue of Pop Photo (the June issue, I believe) and the little mini-reviews in the back were very glowing about Pentax. This month they listed telephoto and specialty lenses, and they included the DA10-17 FEZ, DA*55, DA70Ltd, FA77Ltd and DA*300. They rate them from 1 to 5 stars. The lowest rated was the 10-17 at 3.5 stars. They mentioned that it was pretty much unique in the APS-C class. The DA*55 got 4.5 stars and was hailed as a top performer. The DA70 was actually rated at 4.5 stars while the 77Ltd was rated at 4 stars (interesting). The DA*300 got 4 stars and very good writeup.

Of course, being a Pentaxian, I had to look for some reason to feel slighted by Pop Photo and I found it. They listed the Canon 300 f/4L IS lens at 3 stars and had it priced slightly higher than the DA*300, yet the Canon was listed as a "Steal". Lower rated, costs more, yet it's a "steal". Or maybe they meant you shouldn't buy the lens, but it was okay if you could steal it.

05-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I believe it must be a steal for Canon systems...

We all know Pentax lenses are excellent. And the bodies are the best. It's just the marketing that's lagging.