Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #1

Good Teleconverter for Sigma & Pentax Lenses

I just bought a Kenko 1.5 teleconverter from Tom1803 on the market place section of this site. (Four day delivery from Tokyo to Ontario, Canada)

This teleconverter works with every one of my Pentax and Sigma lenses. I am able to even use it with my Sigma (BIGMA) 50-500mm lens as the lens element in the teleconverter is recessed back in the teleconverter so as to not come in contact with the back element of the BIGMA. Sigma told me that if I used their teleconverter, I would have to go manual only. The Kenko so far gives me full auto mode and now I have the choice to go manual if I decide to.

I have notice though that with the Kenko teleconverter a little searching happens when I focus at either end of the focal length of the lens. I expected this, so with just a small adjustment of the focal length, the problem is solved.

The Kenko teleconverter that I bought is from OLD stock, so I do not know if the new ones are different. Anyway, for what it is worth, I thought there may be a few Pentaxians buffs out there that would like to know that if we look around, there is usually a solution for potential problems.

05-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the feedback on the TC. It is useful info.
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe the OP is talking about the Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x Teleplus SHQ teleconverter and yes, the teleconverter does not have the limitations of the Sigma TC's because there is no TC element to get in the way. There are also the contacts in the Kenko that allow SDM/HSM to be retained.
05-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
The Right Teleconverter

Yes you are right. The model number is Kenko Pz-AF1.5X Teleplus SHQ. I read a lot and talked to a fair number of people here in Canada before deciding on this one.

Just came back from the end of the day shoot. Used the converter on the BIGMA Lens and virtually had no problems at all with the lense focus or metering. VERY, VERY happy with the teleconverter.