Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I wanted the DA 14mm but ended up..

with the Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6.

I really wanted the speed of the Pentax but went with the cheaper and slower Sigma, will I be disapointed?
The Pentax was a few more $ but the Sigma was also wider, I got it for $449 with S&H included from 47st Photo (Good price?)

Thanks as always,
Ray

05-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
with the Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6.

I really wanted the speed of the Pentax but went with the cheaper and slower Sigma, will I be disapointed?
The Pentax was a few more $ but the Sigma was also wider, I got it for $449 with S&H included from 47st Photo (Good price?)

Thanks as always,
Ray
Its horrible, its terrible!!!!!!!!

Now please sell it to me, my brother keeps borrowing mine and its a drag not to have it.

Enjoy!!!!
05-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Its horrible, its terrible!!!!!!!!

Now please sell it to me, my brother keeps borrowing mine and its a drag not to have it.

Enjoy!!!!
So I will like it Phil?

I was torn between the Sigma 10-20 and Pentax 12-24, the Sigma won out on price.
How does the Sigma f4-5.6 compare to the Sigma F3.5? I bought the f4-5.6 based on the reviews so I hope it's a keeper.

Thanks again,
Ray
05-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #4

I have the DA 14mm but choosing an UWA was one of the toughest lens choices that I have had to make yet. They each have their own pros and cons so I doubt that you'll be too disappointed. The DA 14mm is an amazing lens - I love the small minimum focusing distance and speed can be pretty useful in certain situations. 10mm will be mind-blowingly wide though so that will fun for you!

05-23-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love my DA 14 in all respects other than it's size. I recently did a short trip to San Francisco where I would have loved the size and weight of a DA 15. That said, I love the 14's speed and IQ, I've taken some killer photos with it in twilight and low light conditions.
05-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Large apertures aren't normally seen as very important for wide-angle photography. I guess whether you'd prefer the Sigma over the DA14mm will depend mostly on your preference for either zooms or primes.

I have the DA12-24, but I'm thinking about replacing it with a DA15. Purely because I prefer primes, and because I think the former is just too big a lens.