Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
However, it looks like Pentax is not prepared to support anything other than their own RAW converter. Which makes sense on one level, since they are probably paying money to support silkypix.
It's more likely that it's an issue of expense / availability of resources to work on it. If it was for other reasons, it's unlikely they'd have provided the 645 profiles, either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more profiles appear at some point down the road, but in the meantime whether they do or not, our user community is doing great work creating our own profiles.

11-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #107

Lens profile Sigma 8mm/f4

Hello!

I am looking for the Adobe lens profile for the older Sigma 8mm/ f4 lens.
Can anybody help me?

Best regards
Daniel
11-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubertin Quote
Hello!

I am looking for the Adobe lens profile for the older Sigma 8mm/ f4 lens.
Can anybody help me?

Best regards
Daniel
Hi Daniel

Nobody's profiled that lens yet, or at least if they have, they've not shared the profile publicly to my knowledge.

Remember, though, that you can profile it yourself using Adobe's lens profiler.

If you do so, please do share the profile in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-articles/112707-adobe-len...troom-3-a.html

Thanks!
12-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just to resurrect this thread - if anyone missed it, LR 3.3 now supports distortion corrections and CA removal for a number of Pentax FA and DA lenses:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/125802-lr-3-3-supports...es-hurray.html

12-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Just to resurrect this thread - if anyone missed it, LR 3.3 now supports distortion corrections and CA removal for a number of Pentax FA and DA lenses:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/125802-lr-3-3-supports...es-hurray.html
Yep, and they're all summarized in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-articles/112707-adobe-len...troom-3-a.html

;-)
12-18-2010, 04:59 AM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks - I guess I missed the "stock" profiles included with LR earlier. Oh, well. Nice to have them. Hopefully all current production lenses are supported in the future.
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Thanks - I guess I missed the "stock" profiles included with LR earlier. Oh, well. Nice to have them. Hopefully all current production lenses are supported in the future.
If memory serves, the stock ones earlier were all for third party lenses (Sigma ones, I think), plus some Pentax 645 ones, so you're correct that the latest release had a big batch of Pentax APS-C stuff newly added.

12-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #113
Veteran Member

+1 on LR 3.3

Oodles of lens profiles and they work great!

Last edited by MrPetkus; 04-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
12-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
Oodles of lens profiles and they work great!
Yep, and if you include both the official profiles from Pentax, Sigma, and Tamron, as well as the third-party profiles generated by users, there are now over one hundred available profiles for 94 different lens models in the K- and 645 mounts, all of which are available (or indexed, for official profiles) in the other thread.
12-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jaitas Quote
Hey!

I tried to do a profile for my combination PENTAX K-7 + DA12-24mm f4 lens. I took a 54 photo series (@ 12mm, @18mm, @ 24mm and @f4, @f11). Focus distance to the grid was about 1 metre in 12mm shots, 1,2 meters in 18mm shots and 1,8 meters in 24mm shots. I used Adobes A2 sized 27x43 with 36pts squares. Lightning were two light at both sides. Tripod and a cable release used.

I tried to do this so well that I could, and I was quite pleased that out of 54 photos only two had invalid grids (one @12mm f4 set, and one @12mm f11 set)

I have just barely tested this profile and experienced just mediocre results with it, for my eye you face substantial image loss at edges when using geometric correction. Chromatic aberration correction seems to work okay. vignetting I havent' tested yet.

So I'll put a link to my dropbox where you can download the profile and test it out. If it's utter crap I'll try again maybe But if you find it useful that's good.

Hopefully this is a okay place to post this kind of request to test profile more througly.

link to the profile : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2655364/PENTAX%20K-7%20%28smc%20PENTAX-DA%2012-24mm%...%20-%20RAW.lcp

Greets
-Juho
Hi Jaitas (and others)

Would you please be so kind to help me out? I've got LR 3.3 but the DA 12-24 profile isn't included yet.

How do I load your calibrated DA 12 24 profile into LR3.3? I use Windows 7 and I don't recognize the path setting on my computer (as stated in this thread; I only see Program files/adobe or users/desktop/adobe; I don't see any folder with lens profiles).

thanks in advance
cheers Marcel
12-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fookus Quote
Hi Jaitas (and others)

Would you please be so kind to help me out? I've got LR 3.3 but the DA 12-24 profile isn't included yet.

How do I load your calibrated DA 12 24 profile into LR3.3? I use Windows 7 and I don't recognize the path setting on my computer (as stated in this thread; I only see Program files/adobe or users/desktop/adobe; I don't see any folder with lens profiles).

thanks in advance
cheers Marcel
For Windows 7, you place the files in either:

Windows 7 or Vista: C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

...replacing '(User Name') with that of the specific user you want to have access to the profile, or in:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

...if you want all users to have access. I'd recommend the latter folder, to avoid problems.

Note that if you can't access those folders, you'll need to make sure you've set Explorer to let you see them. The default is to hide the ProgramData and AppData folders to keep you safe from accidentally breaking anything.

* Open an Explorer window, then hit Alt to make the menu with "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools", and "Help" appear.

* Click on "Tools", then "Folder Options"

* In the popup that appears, click on the "View" tab

* In the Advanced Settings section, find the radio buttons for Hidden Files and Folders, and make sure "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is selected, *not* the "Don't show" option.

* Click "Apply", then "OK".

Once you've copied the files to the relevant location, you can undo the change above by going back to the same location, choosing the "Don't show" option, and then applying the change.

Also, make sure to restart Lightroom after copying the profiles to the right place, and make sure if the profiles are zipped, that you extract them to place the .lcp file (the profile file itself) in the right place, not the zip archive containing it.
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

hi knoxploration. Thanks

I am almost there.....I saved the file on the right spot (using the drop box from Jaitas; using Save As) but it then has the extension lcp.mht (and not .lcp).
What to do?

thanks in advance
cheers
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #118
Veteran Member

hi knoxploration. Thanks

I am almost there.....I saved the file on the right spot (using the drop box from Jaitas; using Save As) but it then has the extension lcp.mht (and not .lcp).
What to do?

thanks in advance
cheers
I'm not familiar with a .mht extension, but a Google search suggests it's possibly a web page archive, ie. you didn't save the download, but accidentally saved the entire web page it was linked from.

I'd try downloading the file again. Most likely you don't need to right click and do save as, just left-click and wait to be prompted for where to save the file. If you're not prompted, check where your browser saves files by default and find it there.

I've just downloaded it myself to confirm it downloads as a .lcp file with no compression etc.
12-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks knoxploration! It works!
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #120
Veteran Member

thanks knoxploration! It works!
Glad I could help!