Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My CPC Auto Zoom lens got stuck on my K20D

I wish I had found this forum before paying $200 to have a professional remove the lens off my K20D by dismanteling it and then rebuilding it once it was off. I was told I could use all Pentax AND lenses made for Pentax on my new DSLR camera but I found this was not true. Then the RITZ Camera guy told me they make an adapter for my K20D that will allow me to use my non-Pentax manual lenses on my DSLR so I went to the Pentax web site and using live help was told I needed the Mount Adapter K. When I got the Adapter I realized this was not what I needed as this was for screw on lenses and I don't even own a screw on lens.

I just need to know what type of adapter (if there is such a thing) that I would need to use my CPC Auto Zoom lens on my DSLR. PS - all my other manual lenses are Pentax and I had no problem using them on my K20D.

05-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm moving this to the lens forum. Please post lens questions there in the future!

Aren't CPC lenses just regular Pentax lenses? They're AKA Takumar Bayonet, Takumar-A, and Takumar-F lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm moving this to the lens forum. Please post lens questions there in the future!

Aren't CPC lenses just regular Pentax lenses? They're AKA Takumar Bayonet, Takumar-A, and Takumar-F lenses.
CPC was an off-brand lensmaker in the 80's, I believe for all the usual mounts. If it got stuck on the poster's K20d, it's probably a PK/R mount and the Ricoh pin is the culprit, though it could be another mount entirely that he somehow jammed on there.

(The 'Ricoh pin,' Mulberry, is basically something that is meant to make certain lenses automated on Ricoh and Sears cameras. Unfortunately, these have a tendency to drop into the socket for the autofocus screw on Pentax autofocus bodies, something to watch out for when you get an old non-Pentax-branded lens. The usual solution is to simply remove that pin.)

The Ritz salesclerk just doesn't seem to have known what they were talking about, or what Mulberry was looking for.

Can you tell us more about what lens it is, Mulberry, and maybe post a photo of the mount? That'll be the back end.

CPC was never considered a remarkably- good lensmaker to begin with, so you might find it easier/cheaper to find another.
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh pin. I had this problem with a cpc 28mm f/2.8

Got stuck, i was able to remove it though. Took the mount off, removed the pin and was golden. Was sold to me as pentax mount but it has the dreaded ricoh pin.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/46816-all-righ...ens-stuck.html

theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

so yeah, sounds like you actually got a ricoh mount lens. I've used mine without the offending pin no problem.

05-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Its the only zoom lens I have

I would like to give this CPC lens a try even though I know it got stuck once and I really scared to put it on my camera again unless I'm really sure I can get it off. I read several stories about ricon pins being the culprit. I'm not even sure I know what the pin looks like. I did see a tiny little pin that I was able to push in with my fingernail - was that the ricon pin? I know nothing is probably better for my Pentax k20d than Pentax lenses but I'm eager to take zoom pictures now and don't want to spend the money to buy new lenses yet. I'm submitting some pictures of my CPC auto zoom lens. Please let me know if removing the pin is what I need to do or if I should be looking to buy an adapter. I'll only get an adapter if it will cost less than buying new zoom lens.
Thanks for helping out!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
05-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thank you for posting the web site describing how to remove the pin. I will definitely do this.
Thank you so much.
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #7

This is all great info, but how do I actually get the dang lens off of my camera?