Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Inactive Account

problem with mamiya/sekor on spottie F?

I recently acquired an Auto Mamiya/Sekor 55mm/1.4 (non-sx) lens. I tried it on my Spotmatic F and it wouldn't screw in all the way until several tries. Is there any known issue with the compatibility with spotmatics? BTW, lens is great even wide open.

05-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ragamuffin1171 Quote
I recently acquired an Auto Mamiya/Sekor 55mm/1.4 (non-sx) lens. I tried it on my Spotmatic F and it wouldn't screw in all the way until several tries. Is there any known issue with the compatibility with spotmatics? BTW, lens is great even wide open.
Spray some WD-40 on the lens threads, but hold it in such a way so it drips down and not into the lens.

Might just be some crud in there.
05-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'll try that. But when it wouldn't go in completely, it would spring back a little as if something is obstructing. I thought it was the rear element that was protruding, so I focused the lens to bring rear element away from the mount. After a concerning "click" right before the full mount, this thing is finally in securely.
05-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Align a Pentax and the M-S lens and compare the position of the aperture lever mechanisms. I seem to recall that I had to remove something to adapt a Mamiya lens to the K-mount without interference.

H2

05-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #5

Your aperture pin may be a little longer than the Pentax version. Make sure that the meter switch is not pushed up when you are screwing the lens on.