Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Da*11-16?

I was about to pull the trigger on an EX 10-20 3.5 last night when a little voice told me to wait. Actually, two little voices. The first said that the lens may come down in price a little bit when the 8-16 comes out. The second just suddenly popped into my head the idea that Pentax could soon announce their own DA* version of the Tokina 11-16. Several other DA*'s are Tokina designs and there is a suspicious lack of Pentax mount in that lens. The 12-24 has retreated in price a little bit lately, raising the possibility of inventory clearance in advance of replacement, and this lens would give Pentax a guaranteed strong seller. I would certainly buy it the day it becomes available. OTOH, Pentax has recently announced that their lens selection is complete, or words to that effect. What does everybody else think? Am I completely off my rocker or is there some chance that this may happen?

05-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think Pentax will announce it's version of Tokina's 11-16. It's bit late now...
If they will make new WA it's going to be new desing IMO...

my 2p

PS: on a side note, what are your impressions of DA*55?
Thanks
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM about DA*55 sent to Axl
05-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Inactive Account

da 12-24 is good. Why bother to make da*11-16?