Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found a 'deal' is it one?

I've found a ME Super and M 1.4 50mm for 75 bucks locally. The guy says that it is in good condition, I haven't seen it yet. What say ye? Worth it for the lens? I'm not sure I'll use the body but it seems like it might be a decent deal. I sold my F 1.7 a few months ago and have regretted it. I figure I can get a decent prime for a good price and have a film body for occasional playing with film.

05-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The price is alright if the lens is in decent shape. If the body is usable then that's a bonus.
05-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

If both are in decent condition, it is a good deal.

Steve
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
I guess I have decision time. There is also another one that just showed up but he wants 225!! for the ME-Super, 50 1.4 & 75-200 zoom. I've offered him the same deal on the ME & Lens. The new deal is a much shorter drive. I'll see what happens.

05-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

As long as they're both working and not actually beaten up, then that's almost a steal. Good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
I ended up passing on the closest one. Fungus on the 50mm.
05-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That sucks. It all sounded too good, right?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Geez he wanted THAT much and it had fungus too? Did he try to play it off like that was the first he'd noticed when you pointed it out? No offer by him to lower his price?

A little off topic but something I've been seeing more of lately, on Craigs List, are ads for items with a sale price of "$1" - then of course when you click on the ad you find out the REAL price... I hate deceptive advertising! (There, I managed to tie it in! )
05-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
Geez he wanted THAT much and it had fungus too? Did he try to play it off like that was the first he'd noticed when you pointed it out? No offer by him to lower his price?

A little off topic but something I've been seeing more of lately, on Craigs List, are ads for items with a sale price of "$1" - then of course when you click on the ad you find out the REAL price... I hate deceptive advertising! (There, I managed to tie it in! )
I think it's standard procedure to list $1 when the seller is very flexible on his selling price, or if it's a make-an-offer thing.

Not sure, but I've always interpreted it that way.
05-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
A little off topic but something I've been seeing more of lately, on Craigs List, are ads for items with a sale price of "$1" - then of course when you click on the ad you find out the REAL price...
this just might beat buying a DA* lens off ebay for $5.
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I've found a ME Super and M 1.4 50mm for 75 bucks locally. The guy says that it is in good condition, I haven't seen it yet. What say ye? Worth it for the lens? I'm not sure I'll use the body but it seems like it might be a decent deal. I sold my F 1.7 a few months ago and have regretted it. I figure I can get a decent prime for a good price and have a film body for occasional playing with film.
The last M50 f1.4 I sold, here on the marketplace, went for $80, without a camera. If you care about the camera, take a couple LR44 type batteries along with you to check it out. The lens however in good clean condition is worth the asking price.

05-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
This guy wasn't trying to pull a fast one. I explained that his price was out of line before we met and he lowered the price to 50 bucks for the lens. I bet he would have taken 75 for the whole kit. He was very apologetic about the fungus. He really felt bad about the lens condition.
06-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have seen a lot of people on CL who just know absolutely nothing about camera gear or what condition it is in or what the value is. Most often I see stuff that has been in someone's attic, gotten trashed, has a shred of sentimental value/might make them rich, and they slap a $250 price tag on it.
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Banned

Original Poster
I've decided to see if he'll cut me a deal and I'll see if I can clean it. I'd really like to have a film camera for mucking about. I figure if I can get the lot for 40-50 bucks I'll see what I can do. It comes with a 55-200ish generic zoom and flash.
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Inactive Account

that's a good deal!