Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Sigma 24-70mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro - examples, p.2

I'm really liking this Sigma 24-70mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro lens. It has very high image quality, even wide open. Attached to the K-x it fits beautifully in the LowePro TopLoader Zoom 50 AW bag. Just thought I'd mention that if you are in the market for one.

f/5.6 @ 34mm

f/6.7 @ 24mm

f/6.7 @ 43mm

05-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What shutter speeds were these shot at? There seems to be a little bit of distortion around the trees in the distance, and I'm wondering if it's due to motion blur, overexposure, or simply being outside the DOF.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What shutter speeds were these shot at? There seems to be a little bit of distortion around the trees in the distance, and I'm wondering if it's due to motion blur, overexposure, or simply being outside the DOF.
1/1000, 1/250 and 1/180 respectively. I think it's mainly due to the fstop, depth of field isn't as great and may be causing the blur somewhat. I'm trying to remember if it was a windy day... short memory ;-). Might be a combination of both? As for the distortion I was quite a bit lower than the building therefore it bowed the trees slightly. I'll get better examples soon!