Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
Forum Member

almost there :)

Just received a DA35 last evening. Now it's like this:

(with a K7 to mount them on)

Now... all I need is a DA limited 135mm to complete the line-up
Here's hoping for nice surprises at Photokina!

06-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do you want to take the FA135/2.8 off my hands Cezar? I can give you the Dyxum special discount
06-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #3

I know the feeling, I have the 31 and 77 and my 43 is in transit right now. Oh the anticipation! =)
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Forum Member

Why not get the 100/2.8 WR? I understand it has the build quality and finish of a Limited.

06-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #5

Faina colectie de Limited-uri ai Cezar. Felicitari!

Congratulations on that great little 35. I don't think that you are almost there, you/we'll never be almost there. There'll always be another lens on our wish list.

Lumina buna! (Good light!)

Dani
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the offer Damian! But, as tempting as it may sound, I'm afraid you're on the wrong side of the pond. I've already had enough hassle getting the DA15 and FA77 through customs, I don't really want another go at it.

@Alfdog - Are you getting ready for a FF DSLR from Pentax? I was torn between the FA31 and DA35, the macro won mostly because I found it at a third of the price of the FA lens. As for FA43... it would be wonderful on full-frame, but I must admit I can't understand that focal length on APS.

@jgsk - like with 43mm (or 50), I'm not really a fan of 100mm on APS-C, I had a couple of such lenses with Minolta (F2.8 macro and F2) but we just... didn't get along
There isn't really a pressing need for a longer lens now, I have a Tair 11A which I can use should I need the reach. It's a nice lens with very good IQ... if only it were a wee bit lighter.

@Dani - I had a lot of lenses with Minolta, and I realized most of them were gathering dust on the shelf, usually. I don't really want that to happen with Pentax... I'm trying to keep it simple. Now I have to wait and see how that works out!
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I had never noticed before how externally similar the DA 35 and FA 77 look. Twins, separated at birth!
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
So much so that, if you don't pay attention when you get your hand in the camera bag, you might pick up the wrong one.

They are also very similar to the CZJ35/2.4, by the way.

06-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Aftermarket caps on most of them, OEM caps stored away. Blasphemous Olympus hood on the DA21 (came without one, new one sourced from B&H but I ended up liking the funky Oly hood.)
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now that's what I call almost there. Now you just need a set of the FA Ltd.s in silver
06-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote

Aftermarket caps on most of them, OEM caps stored away. Blasphemous Olympus hood on the DA21 (came without one, new one sourced from B&H but I ended up liking the funky Oly hood.)
That's nice glass!
Wanna include me in your will?
06-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote

maybe some of us have a weak heart

this is my auto focus Limited collection

I'm almost there

Last edited by DaniRo; 06-02-2010 at 01:49 AM.
06-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by cezarL Quote
Thanks for the offer Damian! But, as tempting as it may sound, I'm afraid you're on the wrong side of the pond. I've already had enough hassle getting the DA15 and FA77 through customs, I don't really want another go at it.

@Alfdog - Are you getting ready for a FF DSLR from Pentax? I was torn between the FA31 and DA35, the macro won mostly because I found it at a third of the price of the FA lens. As for FA43... it would be wonderful on full-frame, but I must admit I can't understand that focal length on APS.

@jgsk - like with 43mm (or 50), I'm not really a fan of 100mm on APS-C, I had a couple of such lenses with Minolta (F2.8 macro and F2) but we just... didn't get along
There isn't really a pressing need for a longer lens now, I have a Tair 11A which I can use should I need the reach. It's a nice lens with very good IQ... if only it were a wee bit lighter.

@Dani - I had a lot of lenses with Minolta, and I realized most of them were gathering dust on the shelf, usually. I don't really want that to happen with Pentax... I'm trying to keep it simple. Now I have to wait and see how that works out!
The 31mm I got from a forum member for $750, it was in fair condition, it takes great pics. This is what started me down the FA limited road. Soon after I bought the 77. I sold my FA 50mm a while ago, and I always thought it was a little long, so I hope the 43 will be better for me. I'm not anticipating a FF Pentax, but if it happens I won't complain =). I just prefer the bokeh of the FA limiteds, but you can't go wrong with the DA35, it's a great lens as you can see from the numerous pictures posted from it.