Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2010, 02:11 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Arrgg, I may have to have this lens- it just showed up on my Amazon.com page (!). As Jewelltrail (who I predict will end up with one, lol) mentioned, a seamless transition to the Tammy 17-50.

06-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are people using these ultrawides for landscapes, or for interior shots? I seldom shoot landscapes really wide -- tend rather to shoot them in the 28mm range, but I guess each is different. On the other hand, for interior shots, this would seem to be really useful.
06-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
shiner: Arrgg, I may have to have this lens- it just showed up on my Amazon.com page (!). As Jewelltrail (who I predict will end up with one, lol) mentioned, a seamless transition to the Tammy 17-50.
Now thanks for your vote of confidence. I'll have you know I'm seeing one of the best LBA Drs there is--promises success to me.
06-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Now thanks for your vote of confidence. I'll have you know I'm seeing one of the best LBA Drs there is--promises success to me.
I'm reasonably sure there is no cure for UWA LBA No such thing as "wide enough" let alone "too wide"

06-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Are people using these ultrawides for landscapes, or for interior shots? I seldom shoot landscapes really wide -- tend rather to shoot them in the 28mm range, but I guess each is different. On the other hand, for interior shots, this would seem to be really useful.
I'd say both. the UW is very useful for landscapes in situations where distance/area/view/spacing adjustments is not possible, no tripod, longer width, etc...
it is the same with interior shots. let's just say that UW lenses are used for tight situations.
06-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I expect that, based on my 10-20mm, what I would miss most would be the capability to use a split ND filter. As cameras improve in dynamic range (the k200 with the 200+100 setting seems slightly better than the k100 in that regard, but that's my only experience), perhaps the split ND will become less important. For a lot of what I do, multi-exposure techniques don't seem useful, because something in the frame is always moving (tree branches, etc.) The CPL seems to sometimes be useful with the 10mm where sky isn't involved, such as in trying to get some extra saturation in foliage.

Paul