Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Forum Member

Newbie with antique gear.. Anything good? Will the lenses mount to my K-x?

I have two old film bodies and five old lenses that I wouldn't mind getting a bit more info on.. What were they like back in the day? Are they usable, worth anything and can they be mounted (via any means) to my current K-x body?

Sorry about the crap photos - I am still getting used to focusing with the K-x

Cheers....

Fujica ST701:

f=55mm, 1:1.8, Fuji photo film co/FUJINON. Lens - Japan.

Mc SEIMAR AUTI, 1:28, f=28mm, No.290724E

And then....

HANIMEX PRAKTICA nova IB

Macro, 52mm dia, NO513826, OSAWA MC, 1:4.5, 80 - 205mm

TITAN, f=135mm, 1:3.5, No. 197669, Japan

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz, 2952044, Domiplan, 2.8/50

06-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
From the ST701 manual - "You can also use any lens with a Practica screw mount on it as well as any Leica mount lens by simply attaching a Leica mount adapter on the camera." and "Lens Mount: Praktica screw mount, 1.65 ? inch (42mm), 0.093 P inch ( 1 P mm ) "

For the Hanimex - "Lens mount - M42x1"

Will the genuine M42-> K-mount adaptor from CR Kennedy/Pentax suit all of the above?

Last edited by maxwolfie; 06-01-2010 at 05:30 PM.
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwolfie Quote
Will the genuine M42-> K-mount adaptor from CR Kennedy/Pentax suit all of the above?
You can mount your M42 screw mount lenses on your K-mount DSLR with said adapter.

You cannot mount a K-mount lens on a screw mount body. The adapter works the other way around.
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

From the ST701 manual - "You can also use any lens with a Practica screw mount on it
What's called a Practica screw mount is the same as the Pentax M42 screw mount. So is the Fujica screw mount.

06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Ole

I'm looking for a suitable adaptor -

I can't the genuine Pentax ones for anything under $89.
There are quite a few 3rd party ones out there (on eBay etc.) but after some research, some of these sound dodgy (i.e. clips breaking and can't get it off the body, light being let in, "tool" required to remove it from the body etc.) There's one on mflenses forum that actually allow auto focus to work (I think...) but I don't even know if these lenses are auto focus or not!

Any suggestions?
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If all the lenses fit and work on the ST701 Fujica then it is a M42 screw mount lens. Unless an adapter is present. I personally have the Fujinon 55mm F1.8 lens you have and I have to admit it is really good lens. However, you will have to shoot wide open with it or glue the pin down as it does not have a manual/auto switch.

As for the other lens I don't know anything about them but they should be M42 screw mount and therefore you will need an M42 to K mount adapter. Which you can find at the Pentax web store still I think. Other than that you can look on ebay but be advised the genuine one works best. 3rd party ones sometimes have issues with focusing.
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks

I found a genuine one at a reasonable price and have ordered it.

Will the genuine one work with the Fujinon 55mm F1.8 lens, as I have read about not being able to switch it from A/M or vice versa (I really don't know what I'm talking about!!)
06-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The Fujinon lens will work with the adapter but you will only be shooting wide open at F1.8. This means you will have no depth of field control(ie aperture control). The only way around this is if you tape down the pin that controls the aperture. If you look at the underside of the lens you will see a silver pin sticking out of the mount if you press it down you will see the blades close when at f16. Your goal if you want to use it throughout the range is to keep it pressed.

06-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks Ole

I'm looking for a suitable adaptor -

I can't the genuine Pentax ones for anything under $89.
There are quite a few 3rd party ones out there (on eBay etc.) but after some research, some of these sound dodgy (i.e. clips breaking and can't get it off the body, light being let in, "tool" required to remove it from the body etc.) There's one on mflenses forum that actually allow auto focus to work (I think...) but I don't even know if these lenses are auto focus or not!

Any suggestions?
Those lenses are NOT autofocus; autofocus was possibly not even thought of when those lenses were produced.

I paid about that price for my first genuine adaptor; I rather would have paid US$30, but with a saving of approx US$300 on a FA31LTD I decided to pay that amount. This was before I was given another one for free.
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just sourced a genuine one for ~$49 Australian.

Cheering.
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #11

Hey dude, I inherited a bunch of old stuff, including 2 of the lenses you have in that collection there; the Domiplan 2.8/50 and the Titan 3.5/135...

I bought an adapter and have tried both, my Domiplan is stuck wide-open but can be used for interesting out of focus effects.

The Titan however, I have found to be awesome. The sharpness and contrast on this lens really makes me happy. I can't find any information about it online, I am guessing it was manufactured by a respected lens maker and rebranded as the Titan for the Australian market.

Have you used the Titan yet? I had it with me today and had some fun.

Cheers.