Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Lens from B&H missing warranty card

I just received my DA 55-300 from B&H and it seems like the warranty card isn't in there. There's a serial number card which has the perforation at one end. Is the warranty card supposed to be on the same sheet of paper with the serial card (which you can tear off)? I've never purchased a pentax DA lens before so I'm not sure if they would include a warranty card or not. I've purchased the Sigma 18-50 EX before and it did come with a warranty card in the box

06-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You register the stuff online these days.

Just go to the Pentax site, and you'll see a link there to register purchases, where you'll be prompted to put in the serial #.

As a matter of fact, you hardly have to do it in the first place. When you pay via credit/debit card, they know you're you. (Those damn computers!) And they know what serial # you bought. And they know exactly WHEN you bought it, and from what retailer.

The days of warranty postcards are long gone.
06-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
I thought when you do need to send the lens in for repair, they'll request the warranty card? Never did it myself so I wouldn't know :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
You register the stuff online these days.

Just go to the Pentax site, and you'll see a link there to register purchases, where you'll be prompted to put in the serial #.

As a matter of fact, you hardly have to do it these days. When you pay via credit card, they know you're you. (Those damn computers!) And they know what serial # you have. And they know exactly when you bought it, and from what retailer.

The days of warranty postcards are long gone.
06-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vtqanh Quote
I thought when you do need to send the lens in for repair, they'll request the warranty card? Never did it myself so I wouldn't know :-)
No.

Just hold onto your receipt from B&H or your credit card statement if you're nervous.

Believe me--your warranty is secure. Pentax, or any other company, will respect your warranty based on the sale data that they have in the database.

06-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
Great! Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
No.

Just hold onto your receipt from B&H or your credit card statement if you're nervous.

Believe me--your warranty is secure. Pentax, or any other company, will respect your warranty based on the sale data that they have in the database.
06-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

Warranty card info is used for marketing purposes. For warranty coverage all you need in the USA is a dated store receipt or invoice. Thanks for buying your lens from us.