Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #16
Inactive Account

That Voigtlander SL 90mm f/3.5 has been on CL for a loooong time. I almost bought it but a mint Sigma 24-70mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro came my way instead. I saw the K 28mm f/2 as well but, I passed as I have no money.

Saying that I may have to sell the Sigma 24-70 due to a more pressing need atm. I'm self-studying the CCNA cert and require a routers/switches/etc ...another CL trip this time in the comp dept.

06-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
$300? Jesus! Go get it! (assuming it's listed correctly)
Don't you see? SOMETIMES LBA IS RIGHT!!!

There's also a Voigtlander 90 for $390. C'mon dudes, get your LBA on!
Also had passing thoughts on the Voigt 90, but I already have a 90mm lens
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
Phil, this is true and I fully agree that this is more of a specialty lens at the wide end for close-up shots. honestly I prefer it better than the FA31 due to the 3mm difference which makes a lot of difference in such specialty shots. the fast aperture speed really makes the image stand out.

I also do affirm that it is not better than the k28/3.5 at infinity or at equal aperture speed. the slower version is not that bad for close-up shots either, good bokeh and is fantastic to use as well. the strongest point of the K28/3.5 is for architectures and landscapes or anything to do with solid background. while the K28/2 is a specialty normal portrait lens. I wish Pentax would make an FA LTD 28/2 or better 28/1.4. but for now, I will go for what I really needed and wanted >>> a fast AF 85.

p.s. I would guess it was sold yesterday. maybe ajuett got it by now and started getting photos that would be posted here later on.
Agreed, I use my K28/3.5 as my all purpose 28mm lens. It's is a great lens for just about everything and the smaller size is perfect for traveling. The K28/2 is too big for walking around on vacation with! (It’s the floating elements that add the weight.)

I mostly use the K28/2 for night shooting and one of my favorite subjects, fishing boats. That’s when the floating elements come into play, so yes it’s a specialty lens.

Another lens to consider is the K30/2.8; overall it’s probably the sharpest of the three and in the middle speed & price wise. A real beauty!!

Phil.
06-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
That Voigtlander SL 90mm f/3.5 has been on CL for a loooong time. I almost bought it but a mint Sigma 24-70mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro came my way instead. I saw the K 28mm f/2 as well but, I passed as I have no money.

Saying that I may have to sell the Sigma 24-70 due to a more pressing need atm. I'm self-studying the CCNA cert and require a routers/switches/etc ...another CL trip this time in the comp dept.
LOL, I guess there are a couple of us CL watchdogs around. last one's rotten egg when it comes to lens acquisition. the best offer I had seen so far recently I think was an old Bigma selling for $800 or $900, or was it a Sigma 100-300 APO for the same price. it was a decent offer especially that it's local. I could had easily bought it as an upgrade replacement for my DA55-300 but couldn't pull the trigger. I wonder who got it.

Andrew, Yeah that voigtlander had been sitting there for ages and still no takers. as far as 90mm goes, I'm loving the Vivitar S1 90/2.5 right now, truly an outstanding lens. I might have to buy a different body (APS-C or FF) with a shorter focus registry so I could is it with a glassless adapter inorder to focus to infinity without IQ degradation. I'm only able to use it for Macro right now but would love to use it at the longer reach as well.