Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2007, 02:39 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello all,

What would this one be like?
B.I.G. Shift + Tilt Objektiv 2,8/35 für Pentax K

Better price than the Hartblei, but it looks not as well built...

Wim

08-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #32
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Hello all,

What would this one be like?
B.I.G. Shift + Tilt Objektiv 2,8/35 für Pentax K

Better price than the Hartblei, but it looks not as well built...

Wim
It looks identical to the Arsat 35mm T&S. The mount can hit the prism housing on the Kxx D series when shifted, also the istD. Also doesn't have the fully rotational capability of the Super Rotator nor is the lens in the same class. You do need a very good lens with a large coverage circle with a T&S mount as you are working way of the centre axis when shifted or tilted.

I think you can get the Hartblei at around $600+ if you negotiate. I think Jim King paid around that for his, but maybe due to the dollar diving in value, it has been raised in price $ wise to around $850. I only paid $276 for my 80mm including shipping from DVD Technik, at that price it was worth the investment, $600, let alone $800, slows me down more than just a bit!

Last edited by Richard Day; 08-10-2007 at 06:13 AM.
08-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
I beg to differ, The Arax 35mm T&S, nor the one from Rugfit, isn't the same lens or mount as the Hartblei.
Richard,

I was not pretending that the Hartblei 35mm Super Rotator and the Arax 35mm Tilt/ShiftMy were the same lens. My point was that the Harblei and the Arax lens share the same optical formula (11 element/8group), even though the mechanical parts, like the barrel, diaphragm and Tilt/Shift mechanism obviously differ between both lenses. In fact, the Hartblei 35mm Super Rotator as well as the Arax 35mm Tilt/Shift are both built upon the Arsat 35mm Shift lens, which is not a very sharp lens wide open. That's a pity, because I tend to use T/S lenses at their maximum aperture.

The Super Rotator seems better built than the Arax and I guess that the Zeiss based Harblei lenses must be awesome.

Cheers!

Abbazz
08-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #34
Inactive Account

That Pentacon shift adapter looks pretty good as those lenses are pretty easy to come by, but tilt would be a nice addition for it. Anyone know if there are any tilt-shift adapters for MF lenses?

Maybe I should try to set up something from a vacuum tube or something similar. I've seen that kind of setup on some page, just can't remember it. Somebody have it on their bookmarks?

-muusi-

08-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Found the page.

DigiHack - Digital Photography projects: Tilt-Shift PC Lens

Now I only need a toilet plumber and a MF lens.

-muusi-