Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Tokina AT-X 24-40mm/2.8

Hi! I'm thinking of this lens ^ but have no clue whether it is good or even worth considering. I've found some photos on flickr recently but most where on a film..
To be clear, it is a MF lens, but has an 'A' setting.

If you have any experience with it or any good examples of how it works whit a pentax body, it would be a good time to show

Lens looks more or less like this(pict. borrowed from one of the google hits)

06-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I just got it!

I recently picked up a copy of the same lens. I have not had much opportunity to play with it...but it does work in A mode, and is easy to focus even without a split screen. I've briefly tested it on both a K20 and DS and it works fine.

I've got some commitments coming up so it might be 10 days or so before I have any decent samples to post for you. I'll check back as soon as I get something worthy of posting and let you know.

As for build quality, it seems nice....I like the feel and its not too heavy. I will do a more detailed review and perhaps even post it in the lens review section once I play with it some.....

mark
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ok... I was quicker I got the lens today and hopefully tomorrow I'll take some shots with it..

@forensicscientist: Please let us know about Your experience with this lens. I'll be waiting for your samples as anyone else, willing to buy such lens.
btw
I'm curious what's your main application for this lens.

Thanks and 'see' you soon
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

a few quick shots..

Here are 2 quick shots I took at the beach today. Both were taken with my DS...and each has been resized for this site.

Although the weather was overcast with minimal sun, I think I like the lens. It seems sharp enough and is easy to focus. I'll continue with some more testing....and hopefully will have better weather to shoot in...

I guess my main use of the lens will be landscapes. While I'd like to have a 24mm, 28mm, 31mm, 35mm, and 40mm primes...I have come to realize that its probably not going to happen anytime real soon. I had the opportunity to pick this up for less than $60...so I thought I'd give it a try and see.

I will try to do a more complete review and post in the lens review section once I finish vacation.

If you want some specific type of shots..(i.e., brick wall, etc) let me know and I'll see what I can do.

regards,

Attached Images