Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Aftermarket for Pentax lenses?

I'm new to Pentax (from Canon) and recently picked up a K10D. I've been wanting to do an experiment for some time now where I use only one lens for a period of time - say 6 months. I've decided on the 31mm Ltd.

However, as much as I'm sure I'll love that lens, I may want to sell it at the end of that period and pick up a DA 21, DA 40, & DA 70 to make up a small 3 lens kit. Of course, I may become addicted to the 31 like so many have and be unable to let it go.

I'm wondering what the aftermarket for Pentax lenses is like and where the best place to sell them is? When I moved to Pentax I sold all of my Canon gear on Fred Miranda in less than 24 hours!

There's a $100 rebate on the 31 right now, bringing it down as low as $735. Seems like it might be a good time for this "experiment"?

Thanks.

08-06-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Popular lenes will always remain popular - There is a very active market place here on this Forum (I have purchased a battery grip and a flash myslef) and of course there is always Ebay. Pentax lens in general I find are much harder to find in stock than say N and C lenses (supply and demand thing).

I don't think the 31mm ltd is a rare lens (i.e. realtivley easy to get) but rather a great lens so my bet is If you sell it for a fair price then I am sure someone will scoop it up here. fair price is purley subjective

Search the Market Place here to see if any of them have sold and what the selling price was.
08-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax lenses are fetching good prices on ebay.
08-06-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Pentax lenses are fetching good prices on ebay.
Yes, and some used ones are going for the new price after the rebate! Throw in the shipping and you haven't gained a thing.

08-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
Yes, and some used ones are going for the new price after the rebate! Throw in the shipping and you haven't gained a thing.
Unless you're the seller.