Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Takumar Asahi 28-80mm macro Pentax K mount

I have some remorse as I found many people with bad impression on this lens, I blog about my purchase with beautiful images from the ebay vendor that I fall for my first LBA after the combo lens with DA 18-55 and DA 50-200. Any further information and feedbacks is appreciated as I want to learn M lens and A aperture and I find this inexpensive for $37 to try

Hin's Tech Corner: Takumar Asahi 28-80mm Macro Pentax A mount

It does not have SMC coating and I wonder if there is a third party lens hood for it.

Thanks,
Hin

08-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LoL you worry too much. The optics as I've posted before in my Pentax-A 28-80mm quick review on your original thread are exactly the same as the SMC-A 28-80mm

The only big drop going from SMC Pentax-A 28-80mm to Takumar-A 28-80mm is the abandonment of the SMC coat for a cheaper coat..perhaps just a single coat. The things to note is more flare and potential decrease in colour contrast.

To rectify this to the best of your ability is to get a screw on lens hood. (a standard type hood should not 'vignet' on dslr as a 28mm would be effective 42mm.)

Second, use a polarizer to cut down fore/background reflection and bump contrast especially shooting outdoor.
08-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you again

The lens has not arrived. Yes, I worry too much and that is something I need to work on. Thanks for the tips on the lens hood and filter.

Much appreciation.
Hin