Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Warranty

Does anyone know what the warranty is for a Pentax lens bought from say, Amazon, B&H or Adorama?

I found a third party warranty on Amazon for just about any lens, from a company called Mack sold by New World Video Direct.

With the issues surrounding the SDM reliability I would like to know I can get the lens fixed if necessary without paying for it twice.

Thanks

06-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The standard Pentax warranty is for one year, and comes with any new lens. Third-party warranties have their own terms, so you'd have to check those individually.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Also, if you pay for your purchase with a credit card, the card may offer an additional year warranty. Check with the issuing bank.
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys.
Has anyone bought the Mack Warranty from Amazon? Only 40 bucks, and I don't know if there's a deductible or if it's a scam, but for that price it looks like it would be worth a gamble, ya think?

06-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"only" 40 bucks? That's pretty expensive... I'd go with the credit card, I've used my warranty plan numerous times and it's much simpler than any company or store warranty. No fuss, no questions, no trouble.