Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, guys.

I really appreciate it--sincerely.

06-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Ira, I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say. It really really pains me to see this happen to a good guy like you.

Hope things will turn around quickly. Very quickly.

Alright guys, what can we do to help Ira?? Remember, this can happen to any of us anytime.

Anybody have suggestions???
Well from my vantage point we could see if we have any connections in FL near Ira so that we can get him back on his feet and back into LBA :-) I'll get started on my end. Though I have no idea what Ira's career is. If you don't mind Ira, you could pm me.

That's my thought on it Nubi.

Unfortunately I am out of class, so that leaves me in front of the computer all day with various books opened up in front of me...
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #153
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Though I have no idea what Ira's career is.
I'm a straight male prostitute, so at my age, my options are limited.

HAH!!!

Actually, I'm a graphic artist (Quark), whatever THAT means.

So I think there's more money in male prostitution:

And if I charge by the inch, I'll be the cheapest guy in town.
06-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I think that the future of DSLR is MF. Eventually, I think that all DSLR will be set up like Leica S2; a huge sensor in a reasonably small body.
But would this not necessitate large, expensive lenses?

06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #155
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
But would this not necessitate large, expensive lenses?
But Pentax in particular will probably always have a backward compatibility. Also, if demands increase, then the cost can come down - ah, probably wishful thinking. :ugh:

But you do have a point there.
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #156
Nubi

Dude, just don't drop my lenses!

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Nubi,

I definitely agree to this. That's the entire point of interning/rotating and in return I get to learn to my heart's content and as a bonus get to play with your lenses! Sleepless nights are something I'm getting used to.

I look forward to hard work, that's something I'm not scared of. Not having a future career is something I'm scared of!

Theperception2008
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #157
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
Maybe the price will even go up. In that case you ought to buy one now
Well, it can be, I suppose. Sort of like D FA 100. Definitely higher than when initially released. I am monitoring closely though.

Pentax would really like to appeal this product to high end amateurs (although from the stand point of photographic skills, I am low end). So they say anyway. So I hoping that they would keep the price down somehow. Right now, the wait is about 30 days. I wonder if it gets to the point where retailers would stock this. I am not sure if that is typical with MF cameras . . . . .

06-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #158
Nubi

Gee, emr, thanks a lot, man.

You see, I have learned my lesson with APS-C set up. I pretend to think that I now know exactly what I do not need.

Does that mean that I have APSC and FF lenses that I don't need? Yes. But I just cannot part from them. I have gotten rid of about 3 lenses in the last 6 months and I am regretting it. I felt like I sold them because I had too many. I got nothing out of it. I should have kept them.

But, I would be screwed if someone like Zeiss came out with MF compatible lenses. In fact, I should send an e mail to their customer service saying that please please do not come out with MF compatible lenses. If they did, I won't buy them (yeah right).

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Nubi, I'm afraid you have figured out this LBA issue all wrong! Since you seem to be serious about the future 645D purchase, you should ramp up your LBA big time. Like right about NOW! That's because if the 645D will be as big a hit as it seems at the moment, the second hand price of all Pentax 645 glass will skyrocket. Buy every available 645 lens and buy them today! In some months they just might cost 50-100% more than today.

Oops. Don't tell your wife I recommended this.
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #159
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote

HAH!!!

well who knows, you might have a bright future at chippendales. j/k

I thought that the recession is over in your area?

anyway, personally I do share the same paranoia of losing a job once in a while. especially that everything is well now except for the overspending. it's been a year since I tasted what it feels to be secured and spend on what I want and need. vices, luxury, etc... but I still feel uneasy probably because I could had saved a lot now for security in the event that I get laid off and be able to sustain us for about a year without getting desperate. although I do have things to sell, including my treasured lenses which had been quit difficult to acquire. I'd been in a desperate situation and would never want to go back there. it was a very difficult road that GOD and my wife are my only source of strength to persevere. now, do I regret about the overspendings for the past year? NO ! 7 months of frustration deserves a bit of a break and some happyness. I do have some backfall, although not a lot but enough to keep us afloat for awhile but would need a job sooner (probably 2-3 months) rather than sit around and have the luxury of doing nothing for 9 months. and of course, God and wife are always there. oh and btw, Thank You God ! you have really blessed us thru thick and thin. may you bless us with you guidance and grace. and shower IRA with the same grace that you had given us. Thank You !

p.s. Please let Pentax release a FF dslr !
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #160
Nubi

Ira,

How about having your wife take pictures of yourself and submit them to Playgirls??
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #161
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nubi Quote
ira,

how about having your wife take pictures of yourself and submit them to playgirls??
eech!
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote

HAH!!!

graphic artist with tak fetish and snarky wit. sounds like you should take advantage of that to open up a satirical site directed at photography and photographers, the new xxx sites that appear to be on the horizon, etc. do snarky greeting cards that can be downloaded off the site for a price to help generate income. there's lots of potential material just talking about buying, selling, trading, using (and abusing?) your taks. could be fun.
06-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #163
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
graphic artist with tak fetish and snarky wit. sounds like you should take advantage of that to open up a satirical site directed at photography and photographers, the new xxx sites that appear to be on the horizon, etc. do snarky greeting cards that can be downloaded off the site for a price to help generate income. there's lots of potential material just talking about buying, selling, trading, using (and abusing?) your taks. could be fun.
Great idea!! patk. Very interesting.
06-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #164
Nubi

Ah

My K-7 is not working so well, all of sudden. No joke.

I tried to download to Aperture yesterday, and all my pics are labeled as unsupported image format. I tried to reset to default setting, reformatted SD card, re-installing firmware. The thing is that it works fine for a while, and then I try to download again and it recurs, having to reset it again. My warranty runs on 7/6 . . . . .
06-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #165
emr

Nubi, are you sure it's not a computer/sw problem? Have you tried iPhoto - or even better a non-Apple software?