Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #1

Power Zoom won't function manually

I have a vague memory of this being discussed previously but can't find it again.
My 28-105mm f4-5.6FA has been virtually a permanent fixture on the DS as it fits in well with the informal shooting that I've been limited to for the last several months.
This morning I put the 100mm f4 macro on for a bit of a 'play' but, on remounting the 28-105 it remains fixed on 55mm f/l refusing to allow the zoom ring to be turned except to the limited extent that would usually be required in 'power' mode.
Could I call on the communal 'well' of experience in this forum and scream "HELLPPP"? Please, (nicely).

08-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pull the ring in toward yourself so that it covers up the "Power Zoom" text, and the lens will switch over to manual zoom. Since the DS does not have the electrical contacts required to support power zoom, you have to use the lens in manual mode. I hope that helps!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-09-2007, 01:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
You Blo@dy Beauty. Ripper!

Spot on Adam.

Thanks a million.
08-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
My 28-105mm f4-5.6FA has been virtually a permanent fixture on the DS as it fits in well with the informal shooting that I've been limited to for the last several months.
Wow...hmm...how is this FA 28-105mm f4-5.6 Pz compared to your other glass?

08-09-2007, 03:28 AM   #5

Original Poster
I really haven't been in a position to experiment very much with regard to comparing the IQ with other glass.
The f/l range is very convenient as a "walkabout" lens and, apart from a bit of purple fringing around dark objects silhouetted against a bright sky, it seems to perform quite well.
I'm not much of a "pixel peeper" at any time; theatre and performance photography on 1 stop pushed Fuji 1600 colour negative filmstock is not for the technical purist but it does produce some intriguing images!
I hope that I will be able to give some attention to re-acquainting myself with my well used (and occasionally abused) M and A lenses. When/if I succeed in doing so, I'll post some conclusions.

Ciao4Nao