Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Limited Lenses like dust a lot.

The metal built limited lenses are dust sucker!

I have 3 FA and 2 DA limited, dusts stick on their body easily and sometime is hard to blow them off - when I blow them off, I got to be careful not to blow it towards the direction of any opening, afraid that I will blow the dust to the inside of the lens.

I always thought if there is any blower that can blow some statics to the surface of the lens (and camera body as well), making them expel dust instead of attracting it. ?? so I don't have to spend so much time cleaning them after each outing!

Or if pentax can create a circuit in the body that have 'dust expel' mechanism charge up the metal lens - just like the dust removal shake on the sensor. and that would be awesome. LOL

Lee

06-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I usually use a damp microfibre to wipe the dust off.