Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MD to K? How to?

well, title says it all
is it possible to convert Minolta MD glass to fit K mount without extensive hacking and drilling?
Any info will be usefull...

BR
Peter

06-22-2010, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Albums
Yes it is possible, but it will take custom modification. Heres a previous thread I found from this same forum
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/56234-konica-minolta...ld-lenses.html
06-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #3

simple 500mm md to pk conversion.

just done my first conversion after reading up on others,mine has to have been the simplist in history....lense tokina 500mm mirror.simply removed chromed md mount and fitted cheap chinese m42-pk(£3) mount...4 tiny drill hole and voila,focus to infinity ,dark when i finished but first shot of towers in madrid thre miles away with a tele converter fitted(1000mm) were best i've had so far,so looks promising.cant wait for morning to get some good light.
06-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I swapped out the mount from a vivitar (kiron) 28mmF2 lens prelacing it with a flanged M42-k mount adaptor

biggest issue is taking the aperture controls out but they came off with the MD mount.

Infinity focus can be an issue depending on the lens maker but the kiron's are easy to adjust and get back infinity focus, Note the PK mount is almost 2mm further forward, but with some shims, and adjusting infinity focus, it works just fine,.

06-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I want to know too because I was a diehard Minolta user and I got a boxful of old MC/MD and third party lenses lying around.
06-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I want to know too because I was a diehard Minolta user and I got a boxful of old MC/MD and third party lenses lying around.
This probably isn't the answer anyone is looking for but if I owned a boxful of those old lenses I would seriously look into a micro 4/3 camera. B&H lists Novoflex adapters for those lenses and just about any other lens. There are probably some knockoffs listed on Ebay.
06-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the answers guys!

06-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #8

tokina conversion.

save posting here as well ,have posted pics of tokina conversion on my thread easy tokina conversion.cheers