Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Super-Takumar on Micro 4/3 body (Olympus EPL-1)

I picked up a third party Pentax K-to-Micro 4/3 adapter off ePrey for my EPL-1. This was a test shot of Seth using it with my Super-Takumar 55mm/1.8. That's actually an M42 lens, which was mounted on the 4/3 adapter using an M42-to-K mount adapter. It's doubly adapted!!

This is straight from the camera at 1600 with the lens wide open. The only adjustments I made were to tweak the white balance in Lightroom & shrink the image to make it easier to upload.

Can't wait to see what the rest of my Takumar collection looks like!

06-23-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

look good. Do you photos with other lenses too??
06-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Holy crap! That looks GREAT!
06-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
look good. Do you photos with other lenses too??
Not yet, but I'm gonna try to make some time to shoot them this weekend.

06-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I just got an e-pl1 myself - I had been thinking about getting an olympus body to replace my GF1 due to no in-body IS (being a Pentax user, IS has become second nature!). I was getting frustrated with not being able to hand hold at shutter speeds I have become accustomed to with Pentax gear. While I had been thinking about it, beach camera had an error (it seems that way anyway, as it was pulled) on their website for a few hours last week where they have a $75 coupon code, and also discounted the camera price $75 (olympus was running a 1 week $75 instant rebate last week). So I picked it up for $450, and will get another 5% in bing cashback as well.

Anyway, the GF1 is alot more solid camera and has more direct access to control than the e-pl1, but beyond that the e-pl1 is great (certainly no substantial short-comings to get over). I knew it would be menu driven and button access to shutter/aperture, but whether with buttons or the gf1's dial you are still looking at the screen to see the changes - not a real big deal in my book. I haven't used any adapted lenses on the pl1 yet, but am looking forward to it! One thing I found is a built-in TAv mode, the camera can be set to allow auto iso in M mode, pretty nice little find!

On the subject of adapted lenses, I think the m4/3 camera bodies work quite well - set to aperture priority and away you go. I had a ton of fun at a couple recent minnesota twins games with the GF1 and sigma 400mm f5.6 mounted via adapter - could have really used the stabilization with that combo.