Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
I don't think they're talking about the lens correction, but MTF information (for K20D and K-7's MTF program line)
Correct, from what I've read there is more information contained in the FA version in terms of MTF information.

Neither the F nor FA 50/1.7 can take advantage of the in-body lens correction. That only works with DA lens (and FA limiteds via firmware update).

06-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Correct, from what I've read there is more information contained in the FA version in terms of MTF information.

Neither the F nor FA 50/1.7 can take advantage of the in-body lens correction. That only works with DA lens (and FA limiteds via firmware update).
This is absolutely correct information.

My findings from use, are the F is easier to manual focus if one is doing so. Like an earlier poster said the F and FA are "spot on focus" when in AF mode.

One issue I have had with the FA was when I was pointing the lens downward to photograph a butterfly on the ground. The front element shifted and rendered the lens useless. It had to be sent back to Pentax for repair. Pentax replaced the lens with a brand new one.

It was rather disturbing to have a lens nearly fall apart when it was rather new out of the box. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am literally afraid to point this lens downward.