Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #1

Can K1000 prime lens be used on K10D??

I have come to the realization that I am not getting out of my K10 what I should be, lack of education on the camera in my part. So I have read the manual, played around with settings and gone into the camera shop. Here I am. Is it possible to use an old prime lens SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm on my K10D? It fits, I am getting a F--- reading. Tried changing a few settings, but same thing. What am I missing, or is this not even possible? What happen is that I went to the camera shop in seek of a better photo and was told a prime lens would be good. I then realized I have a K1000 at home, cool I'll try that lens before spending the $$. I'm good with getting a new lens, just thought I could try some stuff out with this one first.

06-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs « robertsdonovan.com

This probably belongs in the beginners corner....
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In quick:
yes, just go to custom menu, set aperture ring enabled, and use green button for stop down metering. If you are shooting wide open, you can use Av mode too. Look out for green hexagon for focus confirmation.

For more detailed answer read the thread that Hangu provided
06-29-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your K10D can use practically every lens Pentax ever made, with very, very few exceptions. Welcome to our happy little corner of the internet, by the way.

06-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you, and sorry,

Thank you, figured it out, I didn't scroll down far enough in the custom settings. Got it working, let the fun begin. Also I had no idea there was a beginners corner, I will post there next time. I have been having a great time today on this site, thanks for being out here.