Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Inactive Account

How much for FA*24 f2.0 and FA 35 f2.0?

I'm considering selling my two "normal" primes, but I can't find out what they go for currently.

They are both in excellent condition, no dings, scratches etc. FA*24 bought new by me, complete with all boxes, case etc., FA 35 was s/h, but has all covers, hood etc., no box but has a pouch.

Any ideas, or anyone looking for these?

08-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Jonas B reversed auctioned a FA35/2 last week, last published price before it went was 220E plus 30E shipping. Don't know if there was any last-minute discount before the actual sale.
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
and
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I often see the FA24 for sale, usually around 800 dollars +/-. Which is an extreme overpricing for that lens. Selling it for more than it cost when it was new, combined with the fact that it has a love/hate reputation and not a stellar one like other FA* glass, is crazy. I guess thats why this is the FA* lens I see for sale most often, ppl are not too happy with theirs so they want to sell it, but they want a lot of money for it since its FA*. This also makes this one the only FA* lens I have seen gone by unsold on actions.

Thats my little rant. I beleive there is a market for it though, check the want to buy section. I would say 600 dollars is the max sane price of this lens. Altho personally I wouldnt pay that much for one, but Im sure others would.

the FA 35, I got mine new for around 400 dollars, but its hard to get now, and a great lens. if the condition is great then i guess 300? i dunno what they sell for in the us at the moment tho.just check that and deduct 50 or more dollars depending on the condition
08-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
I'm considering selling my two "normal" primes, but I can't find out what they go for currently.

They are both in excellent condition, no dings, scratches etc. FA*24 bought new by me, complete with all boxes, case etc., FA 35 was s/h, but has all covers, hood etc., no box but has a pouch.

Any ideas, or anyone looking for these?
Hi Richard!

I recently (5 months ago) got my FA* 24/2 for the bargain rate of about $400. It has some nicks and scratches, especially around the hood. I too would say $600-$800 is a fair price for the lens.

(I am also sure that you'll have interest in it because it is sharp and contrasty, and overall it is a wide lens that I like a lot.)

08-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I often see the FA24 for sale, usually around 800 dollars +/-. Which is an extreme overpricing for that lens. Selling it for more than it cost when it was new, combined with the fact that it has a love/hate reputation and not a stellar one like other FA* glass, is crazy. I guess thats why this is the FA* lens I see for sale most often, ppl are not too happy with theirs so they want to sell it, but they want a lot of money for it since its FA*. This also makes this one the only FA* lens I have seen gone by unsold on actions.

Thats my little rant. I beleive there is a market for it though, check the want to buy section. I would say 600 dollars is the max sane price of this lens. Altho personally I wouldnt pay that much for one, but Im sure others would.

the FA 35, I got mine new for around 400 dollars, but its hard to get now, and a great lens. if the condition is great then i guess 300? i dunno what they sell for in the us at the moment tho.just check that and deduct 50 or more dollars depending on the condition
Hi Andreas

I do understand some folk haven't had good results with this lens, but I suspect that several have either had some rough handling or they suffered production sample variations.

Mine seems to be pretty good, it has a releatively small amount of CA and doesn't exhibit any concentricity problems and certainly has very little PF that I can detect, which is what many compain about.

Here's a totally untouched shot taken with it (Raw converted in Silkypix):

http://www.zen70100.zen.co.uk/jpgfiles/lens%20tests/FA24/RGD_070211_1859.jpg

I think it's a pretty fine lens myself.
08-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #6

Richard, Here are some prices since May 20 on eBay for this lens:

Date - Price-Seller-Condition-Included
20-May-07 - $658.88-matsuiyastore-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
5-Jun-07 - $558.40-happy_sascha-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
7-Jun-07 - $526.13-galchas- -Front, rear caps, hood
8-Jul-07 - $627.56-telemetro-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
9-Jul-07 - $590.00-camwatch1-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
15-Jul-07 - $530.00-jdjonsson-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
15-Jul-07 - $551.00-matsuiyastore-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
22-Jul-07 - $530.00-huangapple- Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
08-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Hi Richard, I just sold my FA35/2 for EUR 300.

Wim
08-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Hi Richard, I just sold my FA35/2 for EUR 300.

Wim
I'd be quite happy with that for mine.

Was that through this forum or elsewhere?

08-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by larrycook99 Quote
Richard, Here are some prices since May 20 on eBay for this lens:

Date - Price-Seller-Condition-Included
20-May-07 - $658.88-matsuiyastore-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
5-Jun-07 - $558.40-happy_sascha-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
7-Jun-07 - $526.13-galchas- -Front, rear caps, hood
8-Jul-07 - $627.56-telemetro-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
9-Jul-07 - $590.00-camwatch1-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
15-Jul-07 - $530.00-jdjonsson-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
15-Jul-07 - $551.00-matsuiyastore-Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood
22-Jul-07 - $530.00-huangapple- Excellent-Front, rear caps, hood, case
So something in the order of $530-550 would be the going rate? Hmm.. I was thinking nearer $600, especially as it's complete with everything. With the $ at it's current low, it's hit the value quite significantly compared to the rate I bought at! I'll have to think long and hard about this one.
08-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Richard,

The Marketplace forum is only for buying and selling photo gear, so please don't post here unless you are actually offering your lens for sale. All price-related discussion either goes in the lens forum or in the"Everything Else" section. I've now moved this thread for you.

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, towards the end of 2006, I saw two copies of this lens go for $700. It looks like the price really varies based on availability and lens condition!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
I'd be quite happy with that for mine.

Was that through this forum or elsewhere?
Through a Belgian forum actually. I wasn't intending on selling it, but someone metioned to me he was looking for it, and after some consideration (did't use it anymore since I got the FA31) I decided to accept his offer.

Wim
08-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Hi Richard,

The Marketplace forum is only for buying and selling photo gear, so please don't post here unless you are actually offering your lens for sale. All price-related discussion either goes in the lens forum or in the"Everything Else" section. I've now moved this thread for you.

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, towards the end of 2006, I saw two copies of this lens go for $700. It looks like the price really varies based on availability and lens condition!
Sorry about posting in the wrong place and thanks for re-positioning it.

I've had an offer for the FA 35 which has had me in a state of indecision for days, but I think I may let it go, it's a heart wrenching decision, but it just sits unused so I guess I shall be sensible and let it go to where it will be loved!

I have such a fondness for the FA*24, I'm just not sure about selling it. I used it a lot on my istD, but not so much on the K10D, maybe I need to extend myself more!

But, maybe when I get the DA* 16-50, I may just make that decision to let it go.