Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have something like 60% of MF and the rest AF, including the FA 77 which I use mostly with MF because of its nice throw. The FA 77, the kit lenses and the tammy are my auto-focus and M 35/2 50/1.7 and more recently K 55/1/8 are my k-mount. The rest are a whole bunch of Takumar.

By the way, you don't happen to have a spare (preset) Macro-Takumar 50/4 do you?

07-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by summonbaka Quote
I have something like 60% of MF and the rest AF, including the FA 77 which I use mostly with MF because of its nice throw. The FA 77, the kit lenses and the tammy are my auto-focus and M 35/2 50/1.7 and more recently K 55/1/8 are my k-mount. The rest are a whole bunch of Takumar.

By the way, you don't happen to have a spare (preset) Macro-Takumar 50/4 do you?
I got three of those but I don't think I'll let any of them gone anytime soon. To date I never sold any of my lenses even though those that I find not too good. To me a lens is like an art piece, each of them has its own personality even those we came from the same series.

In fact I have so many duplicated lenses but I just can't justify any reason to sell any of them. At least, not yet!

You can look on eBay, I don't think they are rare at all.

Correction: after checking my dry box, I only have two of those 50/4, one Macro-Takumar and one Super Tak (most recent version)

Last edited by ducdao; 07-03-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Upate the count
07-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #33
axl
Veteran Member

and I thought I have a problem....
to OP Q. I use both, and often the AF in MF mode... it depends on situation etc
07-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Correction: after checking my dry box, I only have two of those 50/4, one Macro-Takumar and one Super Tak (most recent version)
I woouldn't say that those two are the same lenses, the older is a preset and it's the one I'm hunting for and it goes to 1:1 while the super-macro-takumar and its smc fellow go only to 1:2.

I've found some of them at auctions, but they are way over-priced I think.

07-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by summonbaka Quote
I woouldn't say that those two are the same lenses, the older is a preset and it's the one I'm hunting for and it goes to 1:1 while the super-macro-takumar and its smc fellow go only to 1:2.

I've found some of them at auctions, but they are way over-priced I think.
I see the preset version going at BIN price around $150. I got mine around $110 with a Spotmatic. Paying extra $40 for something that you like really worth it, I think. These lenses are priceless now, and I can only see the price going up as they are no longer in production...
07-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #36
Inactive Account

AF all the time for me. Only time I ever MF is when using my Sigma 70 for an actual macro shot, otherwise it's AF too.

c[_]
07-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
1/15th of my lenses

These don't get to go in the dry box since they are "2nd grade" lenses...

07-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
These don't get to go in the dry box since they are "2nd grade" lenses...
Duc,

You can box up those undesirable lenses and send them to me for recycling. Our climate is very conducive to long term storage of such crummy lenses...no dry box needed.

Steve
07-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Duc,

You can box up those undesirable lenses and send them to me for recycling. Our climate is very conducive to long term storage of such crummy lenses...no dry box needed.

Steve
Steve,

I would love to

I have a buddy who does lens cleaning for a living so he is coming to my place this week-end to go through these guys. Once he is done these will join their siblings in the dry box. Some of these have fungus so I didn't want to mix them up with the clean ones...