Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...or a fingernail...

Steve
Absolutely! Took me too long to work that out. I don't have long nails, either. So simple - saves time. Is good.

07-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
Thanks for the replies all. The Chinese made adapters I bought look like the one below. I assumed they were pretty much exact copies of the Pentax branded ones.

It appears the cheap knockoffs are the issue. From the responses above, it appears if I buy this design in the proper Pentax adapter, my M42 lenses should mount dead straight up. Expensive, but that's life.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up this Pentax adapters these days?

Also, given how cheap they are, I might give another Ebay vendor a go. If anyone out there has had better luck with the knockoffs, please let me know which vendor you purchased them from.

Cheers!
SRB Griturn here in the UK, they ship worldwide.

M42 lenses on Pentax K

I've got a few of these adaptors and they work perfectly, and have the right orientation.

I keep pimping SRB but I have no connection with them at all, I just use their adaptors without any of the problems reported with some cheap ones and like to share that with others.