Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Broken Pentax FA 100-300mm lens?

Hi.

Amongst my lenses I have a Pentax FA 100-300 which, until now, has been fine, if a bit noisy to focus on my K100D. Yesterday when I put the lens on the camera it didn't register with the camera at all - no aperture settings, no auto-focus and on photo EXIM data, no lens name. Other auto lenses (my F35-70 for example) are fine, and other manual lenses also register properly so:

Changed batteries in the camera
Cleaned contacts on the lens and on the camera

I've switched the lens out of 'A' and back in again and still nothing. So my questions are:
  • Can I fix it?
  • Do I replace it?
  • If I replace it, what do I replace it with?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

07-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The contacts may have gotten dislocated inside, and if that's the case, it shouldn't be too hard to repair. Can you try the lens on another body to make sure?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Can you try the lens on another body to make sure?
I wish. Only the one body I'm afraid. Spose I can ask around my firends but they're mostly C*non or N*kon, not true photographers... :ugh:

Thanks for the tip. I'll try taking the back of the lens off - it's not as if I'll lose anything as the lens is already dead.

Martin