Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #1

Pentax rental in Toronto

Any fellow Canadians know where to rent Pentax gear in the GTA? I'm starting to worry no such place exists!

07-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joshnl Quote
Any fellow Canadians know where to rent Pentax gear in the GTA? I'm starting to worry no such place exists!
I've been searching for years, to no avail. There is some great rental places if you want Canikon, and they refer you to another company in the US for Pentax gear, which doesn't ship to Canada, so we're snookered.

I've been looking to try out the Bigma but nobody will rent it out, and I'm not one to buy it, use it and return it 30days, although I should.

I even inquired at Pentax Canada (on Argentia Road in Mississauga) whether I could rent/borrow some DA* glass before laying out a grand, and the answer was a polite NO.

Also, I've sent e-mails to rental places that they should carry Pentax gear, so hopefully others are doing the same and they realize there might be a market for it, but that might take some time.

If you find someplace let us know.
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joshnl Quote
I realize you're looking for something in the GTA but I thought I'd do a quick search around here too.
No such luck either here in Quebec. I tried Montreal and Quebec City ... to no avail!
I also wanted to test a lens (if available) :400mm; I guess this will not happen.
Let me know if you get some luck.
JP