Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #31
Inactive Account

I know MC can mean multi coated. Minolta did have an MC line of lenses that predates their MD lineup. In this case, the MC stands for meter coupled.

Think I pull your leg? Here is a link just to add some weight to what I say.

The Rokkor Files - Minolta Lens History

09-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
I know MC can mean multi coated. Minolta did have an MC line of lenses that predates their MD lineup. In this case, the MC stands for meter coupled.

Think I pull your leg? Here is a link just to add some weight to what I say.

The Rokkor Files - Minolta Lens History
Sorry, never thought so. Let me rephrase that. What I meant was, that for MY lens MC stands for multicoated. Didn't doubt about the Minolta mount.

But these mirror lens photos look awful, could you shoot in Raw and post max quality pictures sometime? Hard to tell on these low quality pics.
09-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In this case - definately Multi Coated - I apologise for using abbreviations.

Rennu, sorry, I don't know what to do after I have taken a RAW shot. So can't do it. I'm open to a quick, bulleted lesson.
09-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #34
Forum Member

Have Pentax Photo lab (comes with pentax digital slr products)or Adobe Photoshop (needs a support update)?

If you have one of them, it's easy and logical. Just open the raw and else is upto your eyes & instinct.

09-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Np

Anyhow, all mirror lenses give you that donut shaped bokeh. It depends on the background. Sometimes, it can be rather pleasing. Most of the time, it is rather ugly. I believe Herbert Kepler in Popular photography sang the praise of a cheap mirror lens 8 or so years ago. They are awesome if you need to hike far and want to go light. The main issue with them is their lightness. You need to put these on a tripod because their light weight does nothing to help your jitters.

Hope you don't mind, I downloaded one of your photos and ran it through 2 changes (a quick 10 second fix). Using Photoshop CS2, I applied a smart sharpen to remove lens blur for the 1 pixel radius at standard 100% strength. After that, I then applied a contrast of +10. That is all I did. I just slightly sharpened the photo and made the contrast a little more pronounced. See the difference?

09-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Chako - you BET I can see the difference and YES I agree with the 'donut' boket - it is so absolutely ugly.

NEW UPDATE:

Sigma Japan gave me the following information on the lens - still I can't find anything anywhere on the internet about it.

Release year: 1985
Lens Construction: 7 elements in 7 groups
Minimum Focusing Distance: 200cm
Maximum Magnification: 1:4.3
Dimensions: 92x111.5
Weight: 625g